Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealer X "blames" Yaesu  (Read 804 times)
WV4I

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2003, 03:07:15 PM »

If you think that, in the course of online trading, due diligence, read caution, is only required with individuals and not dealers, think again. Dealer X, an advertiser on this site and others, and whose salespeople are licensed hams, offers the FT-857 at a certain price, including "free" DSP. This dealer's site shows the FT-857 AND the DSP-2 unit to be in stock. I buy the FT-857, pay lots extra for overnight UPS, $65 as it turned out, vs "free" UPS ground, and receive the FT-857 the next day. When I can't get the DSP functions to work, fortunately I call the dealer, BEFORE opening the radio to see if the "free" DSP has been installed incorrectly. Dealer: the "free" DSP is backordered, but the one for sale is readily available, claiming that "free" DSP is a different part number, but physically and functionally available. The dealer then goes on to blame the manufacturer, Yaesu, for their "rules", but in my case will make an exception, and send me one of the non "free" DSP units at no charge, and as "goodwill" will waive the shipping charge normally incurred on items less than $xx!!!
I also note that the price on this radio dropped another $20 the day after I ordered it. Dealer says, in essence, too bad..
It is obvious from the correspondence I've had with this dealer's ham salespeople, that they think this "business" approach to be perfectly proper, and that many buyers of FT-857's with "free" DSP are actually not getting their "free" DSP until this dealer and/or Yaesu, the latter according to the dealer, get around to it.
I could go on, but the lesson(s) learned herein is due diligence with everybody,,,,individuals, dealers, and dealer wannabes, when making sight unseen transactions. Get all the details, caveats, qualifiers, etc. straight up front with buyers AND sellers! Document who said what, when. There are those that will do or say anything just to make a sale, without a second thought.
AD7DB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 08:32:17 PM »

But, who do you mean by Dealer X?
You wouldn't, by chance, mean the dealer whose initials stand for "Ham Rip Off"?
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 02:02:32 PM »

I have been dealing with HRO in Atlanta, Woodbridge and New Castle for over five years and have NO complaints whatsoever.

Lon
WV4I

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 04:30:49 PM »

Who "Dealer X" is is not germane to the point, because I'm not sure that they're not all basically the same.
N8IWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 08:53:40 AM »

The dealer I recently dealt with (Dealer Y) had the lowest price on the FT-857 and free shipping before the free DSP offer went into effect.
A week after I received the radio Yaesu came out with the free DSP unit, I simply sent an e-mail to the dealer claiming my order did not come with the DSP unit, 2 days later one arrived in the mail. No questions asked or shipping charge or additional expense.
I suppose the dealer write it off, and get's reimbursed from Yaesu, and at the same time makes the customer happy.
I don't believe the dealer is a fault, since Yaesu is the one offering the DSP unit not the individual dealers.
WV4I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

Hmmm...well, 'Dealer X' blamed the DSP issue on Yaesu, and refused to allow the further $20 discount because radio was ordered 1 day before further $20 discount went into effect. Okay....Right...Amazing, at least to me, but fact. Wish I knew who 'Dealer Y' is, and it might be appropriate to say, since your comments are positive. Tks.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 06:44:49 PM »

I buy a car on tuesday for 20 k and it goes on sale thursday for 19 k.. am I due a refund... NO  I bought it on tuesday and the price then was 20 k.. thats business folks..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: