Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for People with IC-910H experience(SATS.)  (Read 1098 times)
AB2UI

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »

I just purchased an IC-910H to replace my Alinco DR-635T for my satellite work.  I'm looking for someone that has some experience with using the 910H interfaced to a computer for automatic adjustment for Doppler. (Ham Radio Deluxe or other software)  Also looking for general experiences with the 910H.  (Qwirks,etc.)

73's

Adam
WD8PTB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »

I have a 910h but I am correcting manualy. I am using Satscape. I have HRD but have not used it for satelite. Don WD8PTB
WD8PTB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 01:32:47 PM »

I tryed HRD for dopler correction. It seems to work fine. You need the CIV controler but no other hardware. I had ver 3.2 then downloaded 3.3 beta. 3.3beta is more elaberate and seemed to be setup better for the 910 but both worked. You might try the same question on the Elmers forum. There is more activity their. Good Luck; Don WD8PTB
WA7SCH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 11:58:10 PM »

Hi Adam,
Did you have any luck getting the IC-910h to work with Satscape?
Mike WA7SCH
W7AIT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »

Ham Radio Deluxe DOES NOT WORK for SSB sats.  I've tried and tried and also heard others trying to transmit through the SSB birds who were never on frequency.  Its all over the place on transmit and receive.  I gave up and went to SATPC32.  SATPC32 works very well and it seems most stations are using SATPC32.  

I would advise against Ham Radio Deluxe until he fixes it.  He knows its broken but I don't know if he's fixed it and tested it to make sure its working.
K4NR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »

I owned and operated an IC-910H for some time.  If my memory is correct, PC control handles the doppler effect by changing both uplink and downlink VFOs while manual control protocol only adjusts the higher band VFO.  For CW this is probably not much of a problem, but for SSB you might wind up chasing each other up and down the band.

73 de Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: