Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HamTestOnline.com  (Read 11102 times)
N6AYW

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2005, 02:12:35 PM »

I have used this site for about the last 2 months.  Total time spent studying was 24 hours and 24 minutes.  Using this very intelligently designed site as my sole resource, I passed my Extra first time up with a score in the low 90% range.  Let me hasten to add that electronics is not my forte'.  I'm in vehicle maintenance by trade.  The site presents information logically, and doesn't give you an overload.  The people that run the site are very quick to answer your questions, even when you go DUH! after asking it.  Worth every penny of the registration fee!
W4GVL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:50 AM »

I must agree. With little or no electronic theory background, I was able to pass both the Technician and, later, the General Exam without difficulty. I have become a VE for both ARRL and W5YI and enjoy working with others to get their licenses. I am now enrolled in the Extra curricula, to allow me to serve as a VE in more testing situations.

The folks here are really great to work with - they really encouraged me during the General upgrade process. This site is definitely worth the enrollment fee.

Thanks for helping so many enjoy the ham radio experience.

73 from North Florida!
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:06 AM »

Yea they run a pretty good service.

There was a question in the Advanced material. It had two very similar answers.

I looked and looked and could not see any difference in the two answers (one of which was correct).

I emailed the folks over there and got a response the next day pointing out the one different word (audio vs radio) in the answer. I must have looked at that question a dozen times and never noticed that. Anyhow talk about your duh moment.. But they were very kind and explained that they get questions on this 'all the time'. They were very nice and patient. I would imagine after answering this 'duh' question a couple of hundred times they would loose patience. But they did not.

It is defiantly a helpfull study aid. Though I don't think I would consider it a sole source of study material.

Anyhow contrats on passing the exam.
KJ4QXQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »

I also agree that this really is a terrific service. When studying for my General exam it really helped me to organize and direct my efforts. When the test identified areas I was weak in I was able to go back to the books and review the pertinent sections. My study and learning was far more efficient using the exam tool. Excellent value.

73's from NC
AD1E

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »

i used HTOL for my Tech and General last Aug(2011). And then again for my Extra in April 2012. 

I am a busy executive and to me time is money.  This is the most efficient and complete way to learn and track your progress as you study. 

Its worth every penny.   
N1VLZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »

I used HamTestOnline.com this past summer to upgrade to my General class license.  I did to try upgrade 10 plus years ago, but found it difficulty to find time to sit down with the book and read.  I live a very busy life and always on the go.  Earlier this year I once again was looking to uprgrade my license.  This time found that some sections were a little difficult to understand when reading the ARRL book.  I ended looking around on the internet for some help.  I just happen to stumble on HTO and try it.

I passed my General class on the first try.  Currently I am working on building my ham shack, I might go for my extra in the future.  I will most definitely use HamTestOnline.com again.

Brian
N1VLZ
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

But can you explain the workings of an oscillator  Grin

Welcome to ham radio you guys enjoy!
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »

I also attest to the site... I studied for my Tech and General for 1 week and past both exams.  I do have an engineering background so most concepts were already understood.  Yes... this site is the best study tool for the test BUT I agree with the previous poster it will not set a good foundation of understanding.

I would recommend anyone who uses this type of site to follow up with study in the more technical areas.  I know someone else who used this site to get their general - without this site I dont believe they would have been able to pass BUT they still dont know what the differences are between a vertical and horizontal antenna; what is SWR and its effects on the performance of an antenna system; etc.

I give this site a 10/10 for passing the exam, 3/10 for setting a good foundation.  I think the feedback I would give to the site is to create a rich library of foundational information where the student could research and expand their knowledge outside of what is just needed for the exam.

Mike
KD2CJJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: