The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site comments / issues  (Read 3733 times)
KG7GA

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2000, 04:12:07 AM »

I'm hoping people will post here and give some feedback on the new site design and implementation.  

We've worked hard to take eHam.NET to a new level, and I'm sure there will be some things we've done that you like and others that you don't.  

I'd like to hear about any issues you're having with the new site, and how you'd like to see it evolve in the future.
N0RKX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2000, 07:51:25 AM »

The site looks great. I think the articles and this forum are going to be the most popular stops. Good job!!

KK5UU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2000, 09:08:26 AM »

I DID THE CUSTOMIZE ON THE DX SPOTS BUT DO NOT LIKE THE WAY IT COMES ACROSS NOW. HOW DO I REDO OR EDIT IT?
KB2SMS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2000, 09:46:38 AM »

I really like the new site and features. Looks great!
Articles and forums should be a hit. Keep up the great job!
Tom

"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
W4AN
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2000, 09:48:46 AM »

I think if you just un-check the boxes on the right and then click "Update" that it will give you the default EVERYTHING view.  

Bill
KK5UU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2000, 10:55:37 AM »

THANKS BILL   I DID NOT NOTICE THAT I HAD TO USE SCROLL BAR TO MOVE SCREEN OVER SOME.  I DID NOT NOTICE IT BEFORE
DUHHHHHH
N8VW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2000, 03:46:06 PM »

or just use the reset button next to the update button to go back to the defaults.
WD8WV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2000, 03:52:50 PM »

Very nice page.  The eHam group has done very well.  I can now get the page to show up at home on my PC.  Before I was unable to get the page to load up.  Don't know what you did, but keep it up.
K3DDX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2000, 06:17:30 PM »

I have one major grip against the site.  I visit frequently and read the latest in forums, elmers. etc. If I am on the home page and see two items of interest in the sidebars, I click on one and read the info. I then hit the "back" button to check the other item. Voila! Everything has changed. Then I have to search for the other item. Usually, I just get frustrated and visit QRZ, or some other site. I really like e-ham, but frequently curse the nerd (better said as the jerk manager who insisted he do it) who designed this feature into the site. -K3DDX
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2001, 10:48:20 AM »

My all time favorite site.  The recent changes have made the site faster and easier to navigate.  I visit at least once a day and always learn something new.  Thanks for your efforts.  Terry, WØFM
N6JSX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2002, 08:30:53 AM »

As a rule eHAM ain't to bad.... but a few points,
1. Have you noticed how long your lead-in articles have been posted? I don't think they have been changed for over a month - even re-posting old articles is better than the same ones for a long time!
I would take on a policy of cyling the lead-in articles atleast once a week based on the number of reader hits and time duration - these articles are posted on the top of the stack to catch our interest - make it interesting!
2. Popagation - needs some work. I doubt many of the readers understand all the abbreviations or what the propogation numbers stand for - how about putting a link to a propagation chart that reflect the current data to make it more usable.
3. I'm stating to feel as though the front page is getting to cluttered and long. To many pictures and  to much info within the various group areas is being posted on the front page - more graphics slower download time = increase bordom = quicker click out from the site!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: