Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO Atlanta  (Read 7876 times)
KG4YJR

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2003, 10:08:43 AM »

Just wanted to drop a quick note and say how satisfied I've been with HRO in Atlanta. I don't think you can find a better store manager than Mark, KJ4VO anywhere.

Thanks and 73's,
Dave, KG4YJR
TECH2003

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 09:35:59 PM »

I think R&L is a much better store.  Check out their prices.  A true bargain with great service.
BUCK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 11:09:21 AM »

"I think R&L is a much better store. Check out their prices. A true bargain with great service. "

Tech2003, what experience have you had with HRO that makes them a lesser quality store than R&L?

I have done business with them since 1985 and have yet to have my first complaint.

Buck

G4UPD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 11:45:37 AM »

Hi...
I'll second that thought, I visited the Store with my pal Bill W4RK... what a helpful bunch of guys... pity we can't have HRO in the UK.
Mike
KG4ZMC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 11:15:44 PM »

I've only had phone orders with this store, but the service is outstanding.

I bought a new Diamond S.W.R\watt meter that had a problem when it came out of the box, called them and they were very nice and done a swap of the meters via ups.

Just bought the Icom 718 from them also,they were more than happy to answer any of my questions.

I will continue to do business with HRO Atlanta, KG4ZMC Dale H
KI4KWX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 08:31:12 PM »

I have to agree with KG4YJR!  I ordered through Mark and when there was a problem (because he got as excited as I did over my order - don't ask!) he personally made sure it got straightened out and at no extra cost to me.

Will I do business with them again?  You bet!

Bill
KI4KWX
KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 02:39:43 PM »

HRO Atlanta still gets high marks in my opinion. Except when Denise, their shipper bends antennas and mangles books to get them into boxes that are too small.
Their Internet ordering system has gone to the dogs. It taken more than triple the time it would had I just called HRO Atlanta, direct. I had to call anyways to see why they were sitting on my order for two days instead of processing it and they acted like they never heard of it.

Direct call before 2pm = At more door within 24 hours.

Internet order placed on 7-6-05 that will even be shipping from Atalnta 7-10-05 = NOT EVEN OUT OF THEIR DOOR YET!
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 04:43:18 AM »

HRO Atlanta - Top drawer service in my experience.  I have mail ordered from them for several years and have always been satisfied with their work.

We happened to be in Atlanta for a pre-Xmas shopping trip and went to the store to buy the Wife an HT to go with her newly minted license.  The staff spent considerable time with her discussing her needs and she was able to get the unit that she wanted.

Dennis KG4RUL

& Ann KI4ECO (we like to say her call means 'Extremely Cute Operator')
KF4VGX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 05:10:24 AM »

Mark, KJ4VO and HRO, Helped our N2BR Monday Night Traders Net * VOIP *,donating items  for our Four Year anniversary Net.

The respect given to myself and others shows that HRO deserves your business.

WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 04:22:15 AM »

I have been dealing with HRO for a number of year and have found their pricing to be the best overall, especially when coupled with their free shipping. Their service is also excellent.

Mark, KJ4VO is particularly helpful. He spend almost 2 hours with me demonstrating DStar when I stopped by during a trip to Atlanta to visit my daughter. Of course as a result, I purchased about $2,000 in DStar equipment over the next 15 months.

Someone mentioned R&L in a HRO Atlanta review. Not sure why. But since it was brought up, here is my 2 cents given that R & L is in my backyard so to speak. I used to go there but have always found their staff to not be real friendly and personable. You can walk around the store for hours and no one will come up and ask if you need help. You can play or admire their demo radios and no one will come up and approach you. They stand ready and waiting at the counter to answer the phone and take a phone order. Also, I have found that on occasion that they have been out of stock on items that other stores like HRO have in stock and have not found them to have the best pricing - especially at the Dayton Hamvention.

Now I do buy from them, but frankly prefer to buy from HRO for their superior service on phone, and in the store and Mark at the Atlanta store is the greatest guy I have ever dealt with. Always says hi to me when I see him at Dayton and always chats on DStar when I hear him or he hears me.

HRO is the best all around store and Atlanta is top notch.
WA4JEA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »

Good evening!

I have purchased from HRO Atlanta in the store and online.  The manager was outstanding, and the other staff also pitched in to assist during my visits.  In addition, the XYL received good service when she purchased my Christmas gift this year -- I hope she keeps going back to them because I need more gear!

HRO Atlanta gets a resounding "thumbs up" from me.

James WA4JEA

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »

Someone mentioned R&L in a HRO Atlanta review. Not sure why. But since it was brought up, here is my 2 cents given that R & L is in my backyard so to speak. I used to go there but have always found their staff to not be real friendly and personable. You can walk around the store for hours and no one will come up and ask if you need help. You can play or admire their demo radios and no one will come up and approach you. They stand ready and waiting at the counter to answer the phone and take a phone order.

As a salesman you're damned if you do and damned
if you don't approach
. Lots of  customers just got off work
and just love to walk alone QEUIETLY and be touchy-feely with the merchandise.
BUT
If you approach SOME,you're "hovering
AND they say they feel like they are being watched as
a potential shoplifter" or they think that (in their minds)"  Grin

At the display radios a "Hey, holler if you need some info
or have a question" works with NORMAL hams.
(There's still  a few, MANY, MANY less since license restructuring!)
If you approach some hams playing with a demo
rig you "Are pushing for a big ticket sale"
LMAO! HAH! "big ticket sales are a joke because the
commission is SO LOW. On big ticket and most HF rigs,
"Employee Discount" less Sales Tax doesn't evencover
the markup and the costumer's price is cheaper.

No joke, ask in ham retail. That's the big ticket items.
Now, TONS & TONS of money is made on Pre-Soldered coax jumpers, Jumpers for auto tuners (simple shematic in RTFM)
programming cables for rigs & scanners, rig to amp
control cables (LOL!), dipoles,
and stuff  we nerds used to mkae ourselves........
not order it from E-Bay!!
73, Ken  AD6KA
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:18:46 AM by AD6KA » Logged
K4KAM

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:34 AM »

I have to Agree with what others are saying about HRO Atlanta and Mark! Mark and Josh are great they helped me out one saturday setting up my Dstar on my radio and computer. Great to deal with and super customer service, before and after the sale.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: