Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donations to eHam  (Read 1688 times)
NC5C

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »

If I am researching a product I disregard all posts that are made without a call sign or an obviously false call sign.  A legitmate call sign carries a lot more weight with me when I read the review.
KG4YJR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 11:57:13 PM »

I've made donations several times this past year and I use eHam's email service. I am very pleased to do both but I personally think charging a fee and requiring a valid call sign would discourage some would be hams or individuals with just an interest from asking questions before they commit to getting a license or buy equipment. Before we were licensed, my wife and I asked questions, received good and helpful responses and we utilized the practice exams on eHam to supplement the studying we did with the ARRL's "Now You're Talking" manual. Mandatory fees and a valid call sign just to post could especially hard for a youngster interested about the hobby. Not everyone without a call sign is a troll.
As I've mentioned before, I've made several donations this past year as a subscriber and for being able to sell an item or two on their classifieds. As a matter of fact, it's about time to send another, although maybe small, an extra donation to subsidize visitors to the site who choose not to, or are unable to help support it's growth.

Dave
KB2NQN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 10:14:19 PM »

geez,

who would want to donate to a website that advocates the use of censorship.

im sure everyone could find a much better use for donation dollars....i.e. make a wish, heart foundation, national institute of autism....

not this crap.

steve-kb2nqn
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 10:06:40 PM »

Steve, what's your beef?

Mike N2MG
webmaster
K5CEY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2004, 03:08:49 AM »

Just my two cents, which in today's economy is not worth a whole lot.

I am personally pleased that eHam and QRZ have moderators and some form of censorship.

I have never seen a case of editing, censorship, or banning done without just cause.

I'm just a Ham, but I've always considered myself a professonial radio operator.

These are both excellent Ham Radio sites. I have enjoyed both for almost two years.

And yes, I am a subcriber to eHam. I sent eHam 20 bucks last November. For almost two years I've been entertained, learned a little bit, helped a few people, and had a chance to voice my opinion on several subjects.

Not a bad deal for 20 bucks. Such a deal! I will continue to subscribe.
                   John  K5CEY

K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004, 02:55:23 PM »

I've not dontated yet mainly because the last few years have been difficult on me and my family financially.  We're talking about medical expenses, both partners having periods of unemployment or reduced income, and bills not going down.

Do I feel this site is worth donating to?  Yes, I do.  Will I in the future?  I sure hope so.

Re: ads for credit cards and eBay.  I'm fine with that.  If that is what it takes to keep the site running and there aren't enough donations, well... the bills have to be paid somehow.  Times are tough for a lot of people right now.  To quote an old Can song lyric: "Do what you feel what you need to do."

Caity
K7VO
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 08:02:04 PM »

"What makes this board any different than any other?? No one uses their real name to post on any board I know of. I could care less if a poster has a call as long as what they say makes some sort of sense."

As far as no one using their real name to post on any board, there are some that require you to use your first name, but no other.  As far as a person not wanting to use their name, if something constructive is said, why not?  Are you afraid to stand behind your opinion?

Call yourself anything you want--call, fancy handle, nickname--whatever.  Just don't hide behind it to stir up problems for the others on the site--that's just common courtesy.  Yea, I know, it's a vanishing quality.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: