The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Topic Suggestion with no response  (Read 2054 times)
AE6WA

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »

I have sent in a suggestion of a new topic about test equpment. eHam has not responded to my new topic suggestion.
I have built an ELSIE 2 L-C meter and an elecraft XG1 calibrated test oscillator, a 4SQRP tenna dipper. I use a PC base spectrum analyzer to align receivers. I use a Fluke 111 multi meter. There are many other pieces of test equipment that I might purchase or build like a grid dip oscillator. It would be good to have a central place to talk about all of these.
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:03:23 PM »

Just so I understand.  When you say new topic - do you mean a new forum?  

Would this be a forum for talking about Test Equipmnet?

I wonder if that would fit under home brewing - or should it be a new building forum?  When I think about it right now - it just seems that Test Equipement is a pretty narrow topic - but I could be wrong.

George
K5TR
AE6WA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »

Yes, I am suggesting a new forum. We all use and build a lot of test equipment. I have the Tenna Dipper, Elsie-2 L-C meter, Fluke 111 DMM, software spectrum analyzer, Elecraft XG2 calibrated signal source. There are many items that I don't have like a oscilloscope, vector antenna analyzer, Q meter, grid dip oscillator. We could use tips on how to use, what to buy, what to make.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this.  Your suggestion is in my "to do" folder.

While I like the idea of a test equipment area, it seems rather narrow.  Most of the new forums I've created lately are pretty desolate.

Mike N2MG
webmaster
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »

"While I like the idea of a test equipment area, it seems rather narrow. Most of the new forums I've created lately are pretty desolate. "

I can understand that, but being a retired professional in radio, I have an interest in test equipment.... generally purchased rather than home built, but not excluding homebuilt.

Just from what the original poster mentioned, I am a bit interested in his computer based spectrum analyzer.

Ed
AE6WA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »

Ed,
I understand that new forums are desolate and this one might be also. Perhaps new forums that just don't make it should be closed. directing those back to the Elmer's forum. Such is life.

Mike Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: