Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it my imagination?  (Read 746 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »

Is it my imagination that the forum software has actually been changed to place threads in chronological order, with the most recent posted-to thread on top?

If I am not suffering delusions, and this is true ...

T H A N K    Y O U ! ! !

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »

It is true.  I think we will also be adding some sorting features much like we have the reviews area to the forums as well soon.  

George

George
K5TR
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

To quote someone, I have no idea who ...

YA DUN GUD!!! Smiley

I know it has been a long time coming and I feel very sure I am not the only one who appreciates the change.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »

"I think we will also be adding some sorting features much like we have the reviews area to the forums as well soon.
"

Great!

FWIW, I think the old style should be the initial view/ default view, though, just so relatively unpopular new questions don't get buried.

The new style is great for keeping up on active threads, but the old style was better for getting attention for a while for new topics.

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »

I noticed it too, and like it.

Thanks.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:36:59 AM »

I just came over here for the very same reason.  This is a very good improvement!
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »

Just a thought: How about reversing the order of the posts and putting the latest post at the top. That would keep you from having to scroll down many pages to get to the latest post.

Another option might be a "First Page" and a "Last Page" button at the top of each page to take you there quickly.
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:37:45 PM »

"How about reversing the order of the posts and putting the latest post at the top. That would keep you from having to scroll down many pages to get to the latest post. "

Good for quickly checking the latest on a topic.

Terrible for getting people to read the whole topic before chiming in.

Double edged sword... think that should also be an option with the default being "the way it is"

I like flexibility, and the "new way" is nice, but the old way had the advantage of freshening up the page after a few days...

I think I'm thinking of the quadrillion post mega threads that were all the rage on rec.radio.amateur.antenna when I started discussing ham radio on the internet.  

Some of the same participants from there (including me) are here now, and we can ramble on for pages if we want, but it used to be that after a week we'd have to work *really hard* to keep the thing going, and no one else would have to look at it.

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
K0XU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:51:51 AM »

I guess maybe I have a different method of browsing the posts. I used to scroll through the most recent topics using the "next" and "previous" links at the bottom of each subject. Now that just gives me seemingly random jumps through the archives. It seems I will have to get used to jumping back to the main forum window to select the next topic. Or maybe just skip the whole thing.
Put my vote as thumbs down.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: