Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone there; does anyone care?  (Read 1631 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 01:55:02 PM »

Fact is, being alive on Planet Earth can be hazardous to your health.  Government Witness Protection Programs don't even work.

Nobody can hide from bad guys or clever hackers.  Anyone who really wants to find you, will.

I haven't had a "listed phone number" in more than 30 years.  A local hacker told me (on the air, via 2m FM) he could find my phone number and read it back to me on the air in less than 60 seconds.

I challenged him.  I shouldn't have, because it really only took him about 30 seconds and he did read it over the air.

He then asked if I'd like to know my social security number and the account numbers for every bank or credit card I had, and I respectfully said, "No thanks."

I'm sure he had them.

WB2WIK/6

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »

Have to agree with both W3LK and WB2WIK on this one.  On the other hand, SCUBA has not made himself out to be a troll--the posts from him on various forums and subjects have, for the most part, been civil and not contentious.  (We all get a little riled now and then.)

But your 'excuse', SCUBA, really doesn't fly.  I have been attacked--and am still being attacked--by another ham and his cronies who just have to have everything their own way.  I just ignore him and his baloney, including his Yahoo Group and homepage addition concerning me and the former ARRL section manager I worked under and am still proud to call my friend.

I STILL post under my callsign, even after his threats against me and the incident at the Boxboro, MA hamfest involving that ham and the former section manager.  If you let people like that control how you live, you're not living.  As for that other ham, he can p*ss away his time and his efforts.  All it will get him in the end is a reputation of being a troublemaker.
KC9OXY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »

I think there is a certain point that a person can reach when they post something - it depends whether they have anything of value to add to the conversation at hand. When someone posts "You don't have any right to be on HF because your license doesn't allow it.", it almost seems that they are completely oblivious to the original question.

Posters need to respect the postees and their fellow posters.

If there is a question at hand, answer it or offer useful suggestions instead of telling them that what they are doing is irresponsible.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: