Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Specific process for changing callsign?  (Read 704 times)
K1KIK

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2009, 04:48:42 PM »

I just changed my callsign (vanity). The FAQ about changing my profile callsign is nebulous.  It says to contact someone, but no contact is apparent.  Need better transparency on this issue?  Why is it so mysterious?
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »

I am sorry if the FAQ is a bit confusing on this issue.
It is sort of in flux at the moment - for years and for a number of reasons there was no real way for the webmaster to change your call sign.

I have started doing this - for the most part it is easy for me to do but it is still done 'by hand' so to speak and I am still trying to get an idea of all of the issues that will come up with changing call signs and how we are going to deal with them over time.  

With the vanity program several people can hold the same callsign over time and how we deal with this on the site can get a bit tricky.

Anyway - I can do this if you send me an email:

geoiii@eham.net

It might take more than a few days for me to get
to your request.

My plan is that soon I will be setting up an email address with a link to it from the FAQ for submitting call sign change requests but I have to get a few more bits of infrastructure in place to handle the incoming emails. I hope to get this done by the end of this month.

Thanks

And again, I am sorry that it somewhat confusing at the moment.

George
geoiii@eham.net

George
K5TR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: