The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM IC-7300  (Read 126131 times)
KK5DR

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2016, 02:42:37 PM »

I hope you enjoy the report sample. I plan several more in the near future, distributed only on the yahoo group.

Very interesting - thanks for sharing that.  How does the NR and NB compare to the 7600?  I'm thinking of a 7300 for my in-town QTH that has a ton of noise from street lights, etc. where I'm currently using a ProIII.

Testing of the NB, NR, & Notch systems are the subjects of the next group posting. You will have to join to find out.
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Yesterday at 03:40:29 PM »

I am a current 7300 owner. I also have a 7600. I am a member of the yahoo 7300 group (it's the one with the most members).
I have posted six "Mini-Reports" on the group. They have all been well received.
I'll share my latest report. For anymore of them, you will have to sign up as a member of the yahoo group.

Thanks for the very good report.  I signed up for the Yahoo 7300 group (the one that has about 1900 members) but I didn't find your reports.  It's probably user error (I don't find Yahoo's forum software to be the most modern feature rich and user friendly so maybe it's just my lack of Yahoo search and navigation skills).  Any chance you can post one or more of the Yahoo links to your reports?  Thanks.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Yesterday at 04:06:20 PM »

I signed up for the Yahoo 7300 group (the one that has about 1900 members) but I didn't find your reports.  It's probably user error (I don't find Yahoo's forum software to be the most modern feature rich and user friendly so maybe it's just my lack of Yahoo search and navigation skills). 

You are in the right Yahoo group. Do a search in the group for his call letters and you will find what you are looking for. The Search Conversations bar is at the top..

Stan K9IUQ
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Yesterday at 05:41:51 PM »

I signed up for the Yahoo 7300 group (the one that has about 1900 members) but I didn't find your reports.  It's probably user error (I don't find Yahoo's forum software to be the most modern feature rich and user friendly so maybe it's just my lack of Yahoo search and navigation skills). 

You are in the right Yahoo group. Do a search in the group for his call letters and you will find what you are looking for. The Search Conversations bar is at the top..

Stan K9IUQ

Thanks - that works.
HAMSTUDY

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Yesterday at 05:52:07 PM »

Kind of nice to see this:
"A long time ago, ICOM decided the S-9 = 50uV @ 14mhz was the standard they would hold. Hold it, they did..."
At least it's a defined and consistent reference point (linearly preceded and followed or not).

On a different/larger subject, what's the thinking on how long it will be before:
a: Icom decides the uptake is so good on the 7300 that they ship a 7300 II with a few notable improvements?
b. Icom ships a big brother to the 7300 with some very significant improvements?
c. Kenwood ships something similar/better in response to the 7300?
d. Yaesu ships with something similar/better in response to the 7300?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:00:14 PM by HAMSTUDY » Logged
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Yesterday at 06:24:30 PM »

Hi. I have a 7300 (and a lot of other Icoms), and really enjoy it.
I think scenario #2 you listed, is already in the works. On the 7300 Yahoo group this has been discussed several times.
The existing 7300 can be improved in software, but most 'complaints' about the radio center around the single antenna connector, etc. So scenario #1 may not be in the cards.

I was bored the other day and I got to thinking about Icom's model numbering....
There is:

What about a 7500 or 7900? 7351?

Pretty trivial, but to this old fart, kinda fun to think about. I bought my 756PRO in Tokyo the week it was announced, then came the PROII and PROIII. The only complaint I've ever had with my PRO is the lousy NB. Even my older Icoms are much better there.

ron
N4UE

KK5DR

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Yesterday at 07:36:21 PM »

Kind of nice to see this:
"A long time ago, ICOM decided the S-9 = 50uV @ 14mhz was the standard they would hold. Hold it, they did..."
At least it's a defined and consistent reference point (linearly preceded and followed or not).

On a different/larger subject, what's the thinking on how long it will be before:
a: Icom decides the uptake is so good on the 7300 that they ship a 7300 II with a few notable improvements?
b. Icom ships a big brother to the 7300 with some very significant improvements?
c. Kenwood ships something similar/better in response to the 7300?
d. Yaesu ships with something similar/better in response to the 7300?
There are a few of us out here that have a close relationship with ICOM, but, we do not work for them.
I discussed this with the others, the current thinking is 2 yrs to an SDR replacement for the 7600, 2 more years for a replacement SDR for the 7700, 7851.
The 7410 has already been discontinued as a direct result of the 7300 soaking up all its sales. The 7600 hardware is maxed out, no more software can be loaded into it. Crystal filters are getting more and more expensive, so the time has come to begin phasing out all non-SDR models from the product line.
Hope that answers your question.
Give it about a year for a software update on the 7300.

Discussions I've had with ICOM reps, are model numbers of the future. 7651, 7900, 7865, were all tossed around. All were projected as SDR, in their own price class.
7300= entry level price class $1500, 7651= mid range SDR, $3000, 7865/7900= elite class, $6k.
Please don't hold me to all this info, it's all highly speculative, but so far my group has a 85% hit record on ICOM radios. The 7800 was 90%, missing only the model number...

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:46:46 PM by KK5DR » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: