Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexradio 6700 Being Recalled  (Read 1462 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:06:37 PM »

I keep hearing that the Flexradio 6700 is getting a Performance Enhancement for a poor power supply?
This would be like Chevrolet telling customers that replacing  a defective Ignition Switch is a Performance Enhancement.   Wink

I understand that Flexradio lovers want to keep mum on anything that denigrates their beloved radio but you just can not keep these things quiet. A little birdy told me about it.  Cheesy

Since I do not read the Flexradio Company Forum, could some kind Flexer describe what is happening?

I "heard" the 6700 power supply was not designed well, was overheating and it has to be recalled? To appease unhappy owners, Flexradio is paying shipping to/back and is going to raise prices early next year to compensate their bottom line.

What I have got wrong or right?

Stan K9IUQ
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »

Reel 'em in Stan!!  Cheesy

The recall, is an upgrade for early 6700 radios and not the latest production runs.
The problem was/is , not enough current to handle the extra load having two SCU's
running off the same power supply.
  As far as I know, no one made a big stink about it. Flex figured out what the problem
was and is fixing it and made changes in the next batch of radios.  The issue was really
with some of the "Signature" 6700 Radios. None of the 6500 or 6300 radios have the
problem.
  Nothing to keep mum about. Flex made the announcement about the recall and is taking
care of the issue. No different than any other amateur radio equipment manufacturer.
So, no reason for anyone to get all excited. (unless you are a Signature Series 6700 owner!  Grin )
And I certainly am not worried. My 6300 isn't included. And if it were, I'm certain they would
take care of it.
james
WD5GWY

As for a price increase..........I doubt that is going to happen. Haven't read a single word about it.
Quit trying to put gas on a fire that is not even smoldering!!!!! hehehe  Grin

M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »

Yawn, another Stan dig. Find me one radio which hasn't had issues with early production runs. Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood have all had recalls/fixes for early versions of radios.

Your TS590S has had a fix issued by Kenwood as has your Icom 7100. So you're two for two. Difference is that Flex don't appear to expect you to pay to ship the radio to them.

By the way when I looked you up on QRZ.com to see what transceivers you use, the photo of the grumpy old man came as no surprise.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:14:08 PM by M6GOM » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:49:03 PM »

By the way when I looked you up on QRZ.com to see what transceivers you use, the photo of the grumpy old man came as no surprise.

It is easy to be grumpy when Flex Lovers constantly attack me personally. What did I ever do to you? Did you get tired of attacking SWL2002? Why not do this? Attack my Ideas and Opinions instead of going the low road like most Flexradio Lovers.

Actually I have been on good conduct lately. Just ask any of the regulars.

WD5GWY - James is and has been a Flexradio Owner for a long time. Do you see him attacking me personally in this thread? There are some reasonable Flex Owners, a few are my friends....

That QRZ.com color picture was taken when I owned a Flexradio 5000a. It gave me LOTS of reasons to be Grumpy. I owned that Flexradio 5K  P.O.S. for 11 months. 11 months of being Grumpy.

I am quite Happy now and look years younger..

Scroll down the K9IUQ QRZ.com page and see the happy K9IUQ in the Black and White picture after he dumped the Flex 5K P.O.S.. Does he look old and grumpy?

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:26:23 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 04:15:50 PM »

Ah I found Stan's secret hide out. Wink

I hear this is were you come to pull the wings off the flex butterflies  Grin Grin

There are some reasonable Flex Owners, a few are my friends....
[/b]

Stan if those "Friends" offer you a yellow snow cone watch out Wink

Anyway I just stopped by to see you at work.

73s
Rob

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:48:17 PM »

Ah I found Stan's secret hide out. Wink

I hear this is were you come to pull the wings off the flex butterflies  Grin Grin

Anyway I just stopped by to see you at work.

73s
Rob

This ain't work, it is fun talking to the Flexers. They can be quite entertaining. This is hardly a secret, Flex Lovers have known for 4+ plus years that I post the Real Flexradio Truth. Most do not like me but many do, just not publicly. They fear the Flexradio Code of Conduct: Never Publicly say anything that denigrates Flexradios and NEVER agree publicly with K9IUQ.

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:16:29 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:01:36 PM »

So I take it your not invited to Flex's Owners Club (FOC) annual Christmas parties.

I have to admit that Flex is a good alternative for those people who don't like a lot of knobs and buttons but instead prefer computer screens and bandscopes.  Personally its not my cup of tea mainly because I mess with computers for hours at work and I just do not want to see another one when i get home, but I can understand why someone who does not have to work with them constantly might find it very interesting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: