Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for surplus synchro's  (Read 3217 times)
N6JSX

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2000, 07:14:09 PM »

I'm an old Navy salt and my fire control system used many TDR/TDX/CT 120VAC 60 Hz synchro's. I would like to find some of these synchro's to build a quick antenna rotor system. Sure would like any suggestions/sites help?
TNX, Kuby

K4ZA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2001, 09:01:30 PM »

several selsyns were on eBay lately....  
cf. page 24 current Fair Radio catalog...
although perhaps these are not large enuff--you do say rotator, rather than rotator indicator...?
K3UOD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2001, 08:40:44 AM »

I'd love to find a few synchros to play with also.  To the uninitiated, synchros come in 2 varieties, torque and control.  The torque receivers can turn a light load (like a dial or a pot) directly.  Control transformers are used for position sensing.  They determine the difference between the ordered position of a load, and it's actual position.  The difference is called the "error signal".  The error is fed into a servo amplifier, which in turn, drives a motor which moves the load.  This is how you can control the movement of a huge 16 inch gun turret on a battleship by twisting a small knob.

Kuby, e-mail me at k3uod@hotmail.com and let me know what ships and systems you worked on in the Navy.

Jerry Golabowski, FCC(SW), USNR (ret)
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2001, 05:40:18 PM »

You might also try to look on WWW.surplussales.com  They have a lot of nifty stuff there and I wouldn't be surprised if he had exactly what you want.
Frank
KL7IPV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: