Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Used Heliax Prices  (Read 1022 times)
KG4CEO

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2001, 11:00:25 AM »

Anyone have a clue to how much something like this would cost?Looking for a good used 360 foot run of andrews heliax LDF12-50 2 1/4 inch hardline.With N type connectors on both ends.
W4CNG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2001, 10:36:25 PM »

That is Broadcast TV/FM stuff.  Weighs in at 15 lbs per feet, requires an Extra Wide Load Truck holding a reel of it to deliver.  Way more than you will ever use or feed in Ham Radio Land.  Take a look at LDF7- series if you want realistic large capacity heliax cable in reason.  Cost for what you want will be in the $25K area, plus delivery charges.  Overkill at any cost, plus not really available used...
KG4CEO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2001, 11:18:32 PM »

Well thanks for the input.I now currently own 1,140ft of LDF12-50.Its for use on a future repeater site upon 350 ft of 800ft of tower.One 440 machine & hopefully a 1.2Ghz repeater.
K2AXX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2001, 09:11:44 AM »

No, that's not really true. LDF7-50A is becoming QUITE common on the surplus markets. Why? Look at the larger cell towers, you'll find many 100-250' runs of the stuff up to each panel antenna.

When a panel is suspect, they check and/or change out the feedline. It's cheaper to replace it than to screw around using the TDR to find a bad spot, chop it out & splice. Often, if you can "get cozy" with your local cell providers crews - this stuff won't be cut up & you can get it either free for hauling or cheap. I've acquired 3 x 200' coils WITH N-connectors (the nice L7PNF) on both ends. Just gotta be in the right place @ the right time.

If you need to pay for it, I've seen 200+ foot reels at Dayton this year for $1/ft.

Mark, K2AXX
KA0MR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 05:04:33 PM »

Offer to help these cell guys. I did brought em some beer and drove off with the scraps. 6- 100+ feet runs to be exact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: