Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New successor to ICOM 775dsp????  (Read 948 times)
WS4V

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2002, 09:24:27 PM »

Has anyone heard of plans to update the 775dsp by ICOM?
I hear rumours of an ICOM 775dspMKII or ICOM 775dspPRO version coming around the bend but cannot seem to confirm this anywhere. I know the 775dsp has just been put out of production but that means very little since the PROII is their new "top of the line" besides the ever famous 781.
I'm considering buying a 775dsp over the MKV but if there's a new updated 775dsp soon to come I'd rather wait and see. Having a real hard time deciding between the 775dsp or MKV..or perhaps even going with the 1000D (tough sale though without the new technology and lack of DSP).
Any help would be really appreciated.
Tnx and 73.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 09:19:48 AM »

If you're considering a 775, I wonder how you were able to accept the rather serious shortcomings of the rig as described by W8JI in his Eham review of the transceiver?  When I was looking for a different rig, I rejected the 775 based on those problems, in spite of the many positive reviews by guys who didn't know enough to be able to spot the problems.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 12:43:19 PM »

There has been talk of an IC-785. The last time I was in Japan, I asked the guys at the local ham store and they knew nothing about it. However, if you search "Icom+785" you will find a rumor mill. The way the technology is expanding, I would say that the next year or 2 will bring some amazing radios from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Ron

N4UE
VA7OJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2002, 03:50:50 PM »

"We have learned" that ICOM has recently concluded a licensing agreement with the well known maker of "Ultra-high-end" Mil-spec radio gear, Rohde & Schwarz of Munich, to use R&S circuitry in certain ICOM radios (particularly in the front end). This supports the probable targeted market for the "IC-785", Mil/Gov/Commercial; it would also make the radio highly attractive in the E.U. The "IC-785" will probably list in the $6K price bracket, comparable to the venerable IC-781. Even at that price level, it is likely to be pack-leader by a country mile, when compared to its ham-market competitors.

Rohde & Schwarz and Racal are the main European competitors to Rockwell-Collins and RF-Harris.

73, Adam, VA7OJ/AB4OJ

http://www.qsl.net/ab4oj/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: