Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood 570SG vs Yaesu FT-920  (Read 1042 times)
WB6JJA

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2002, 08:47:58 PM »

I am getting back into ham radio after a few years of no activity and am looking to purchase a HF rig.

I have narrowed my selection to the Kenwood 570SG and the Yaesu FT-920.

Forgetting price (Yaesu a little higher) which is the best ovarall transceiver for features, ease of use and reliablity.
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 01:39:46 PM »

I've never used the Kenwood, but I own a ft 920 and I'm very happy with it. I do have an occasional problem with qrm though. (Interferance from other stations.) I thought the radio's filter or something like that was the problem, but there's not much you can do when someone moves in on your qso 500hz or 1khz away.
I like the easy of use, easy to see and control the radios and it's features. The display is easy to read from any direction, night or day. I can send you pictures of it or anything you'd like.
Jacob
kc8tlf
W6EIJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 10:32:50 PM »

I had the 570(G)D, which I traded in on a FT-920.  I too had narrowed the choice to the same two rigs.  The main problem I had with the 570, was that it was hard to work split - the the 920, it is quite easy (the 920 has many features of the MP, and the split setup is the same).  With the Irad kit, you can also have more IF filters - the 570 only has room for one.  The reason I did not buy the 920, was its poor transmit performance as noted in the QST review (I had planned to use it with a linear at times).  Hopefully, Yaesu has cleared up the purity of the transmitted signal, because otherwise, it sounds like a winner.  Tom W6EIJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: