About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dipole  (Read 696 times)
IW0GYT

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2003, 03:37:52 AM »

Hi all, I've to install a 40-10 metres Windom dipole and I wonder it there's some problem (like TVI) if I install it below the television antenna (I will use two poles and the windom should be horizontal not inverted V).

Fabrizio
iw0gyt
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 12:44:35 PM »

There's no way to predict this, but whether the antenna is a Windom or a standard center-fed dipole, or a loop, or a beam, or anything else, it's not very wise to install it close to an antenna that's used for reception of television signals.  You're just asking for trouble!

Signal strength in the near field is reduced by an inverse square law over distance.  Every time you double the distance from your ham antenna to the TV antenna, you reduce the induced field the antenna receives by a factor of four.  It is always best to keep transmitting antennas and television/receiver antennas as far apart as possible.  In your particular case, I'd relocate either the Windom or the TV antenna, to place them at opposite ends of the property if at all possible.

WB2WIK/6

IW0GYT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 02:26:29 AM »

Thanx for the reply.
I think that I'll place the Windom as far apart as possible.
My question has born because the installer wanted to put my antenna near TV antenna (that's centralized) and I didn't like that position.
But to put it away from tv antenna I've to realize inverted V solution.

Fabrizio
IW0GYT

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: