Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dentron Super Tuner Manual  (Read 2670 times)
WB2ZHL

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2003, 06:24:25 PM »

Hi, after being off the air for over twenty years I decided to start building a station again. I just purchased a Dentron Super Tuner but I don't have a manual for it. Can anyone tell me what the initial setting should be.
Thanks, Tom/WB2ZHL
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 05:10:41 PM »

I had a Dentorn MT2000A and still have the sheets that came with it.  After a very stern warning not to transmit with the lightning protection on it says:

3. Set "Transmitter Matching" and "Antenna Matching to position 5.

4. Listen on receiver for maximum band noise while turning inductance selector for maximum noise.

5. Feed enough power though the system to get a reading on a reflected power meter. (DenTron W-2)

6. Rotate inductance control for a drop on (sic) this reading.

7 Adjust " Transmitter Matching" and "Antenna Matching"
 controls for a minimum reading on the reflected meter.

8. "A" is the highest frequency; "R" is the lowest frequency on the "Inductor Switch".

9. For 20, 15 and 10 meter operation, "Transmitter" match control whould be 8 instead of 5 as previously mentioned.

Send me your snail mail address and I will send these 3 sheets.

de W5CPT

Clint
KF6IIU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 07:15:55 PM »

I havea "160-10AT": The schematic I have is not a standard Pi circuit - it says the capacitors are connected in series between the input and output, and the coil is connected between the ground and where the two capacitors are joined together:

IN >------|(---------|(-------> OUT
...................|
...................|
...................0 L
...................|
..................GND

(ignore the periods - there to keep the site from stripping out the leading spaces - and you will need to view the text in a mono font)

At least that is what my schematic says - I have not opened up the unit to confirm this.

The balun does not have any internal connectons - to connect a balanced load you need a wire jumper between the "Single Wirre" and the closest "Balanced" binding post.

To tune, use the lowest inductance setting that will provide a match.
K6TPL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 03:52:06 PM »

Well here is what has me confused this morning? I am tuning a 75 meter Loop on 40 meters and the Inductance is tuning at Position B. I have lost my manual for this thing but should the Inductance not be at D? It seems to be working great and the signal reports are great. Any idea's what is going on? Anyone have a list of what the recommended Inductance settings are for the Bands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: