Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna Tuner for icom 735  (Read 739 times)
N0XJO

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2005, 06:37:34 AM »

Hi, I've recently inherited an older icom 735 hf radio.  There is a funky looking conneciton on the back to plug in an automatic antenna tuner.  

Does anyone have an idea of what models will work with this radio, I was going to try to find one on ebay.
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:53:31 PM »

I believe it was designed to work with the Icom AT-100, AT-150, AT-500 or AH-3.  It's been a while since I had an IC-735 so I'm working from memory here.  It is in the manual, and the manual is freely downloadable from Icom here: http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/menu.html

All of the above tuners are pretty readily available on the used market.  You'd only want the AT-500 if you were planning on adding an Icom IC-2KL linear at some point in the future.

Caity
K7VO/8
KG4GZW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 05:55:14 AM »

The AT-150 is designed for that radio,i have one.There should be a cable with tuner that connects the tuner to radio,it plugs into the back of radio in one of those round openings.Make sure that you plug cable into proper place.One receives a 8 pin male and another receives a 7 i believe. The at-150 is automated
and a great tuner. make sure that you get the connection cable with it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: