Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions on the Orion II  (Read 666 times)
W0RER

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2005, 03:50:03 PM »

Hello Everybody...

I am in the process of rebuilding a brand new station and I have always been a big fan of Ten-Tec.  I have a new Orion II on order.

What I was wondering is if any of you have heard anything about the new Orion II and why it is taking so long for them to release it.  

At this point they are pretty far behind on delivery because of the firmware. I have a few concerns that they will have some of the same nagging firmware issues on the new radio as they had on the original.

I understand that it is a new radio and that there are always going to be issues.  But when I call they never really have a straight answer.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, David W0RER
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:55:39 AM »

Good point, and like you I have a number of doubts about the Orion II. If you go to the Tentec webpage they are still showing a picture of the original Orion although an update was promised sometime in September. There is of course the screenshot but that could have been done on anything including a PC.

Maybe the Orion II is vapourware, and as a Tentec fan I find it very hard to say that.

HA5RXZ
WA5ZUP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 02:28:50 PM »

Well it looks like they may be starting to ship.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orion565

I got back on the air after 15 years this summer.  Just as I was going to order an Orion I, they announced the Orion II.  It was a tuff decision, to wait, or just get the other choice, a Icom IC-756proIII.  I might have lost interest if I would have waited for months.  Very happy with the Icom, but I will keep tabs on how the Orion shakes out.
W0RER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 12:24:06 PM »

I appreciate the feedback...I just saw that they have indeed started to ship but I am still a bit wary of the new firmware...Tough for me to say as well being a big Ten Tec fan...

I am also considering the FT9000MP...VERY nice radio but more $$$.

Thanks again...
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 01:44:10 AM »

OK, I was wrong. Pictures of the Orion II are now available on the Tentec website and they have now started to ship. All we need now are some reviews.

HA5RXZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: