The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: outboard microphone pre amp advice(Hi-Fi SSB)  (Read 1892 times)
K9TOA

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:03:51 PM »

Looking for some advice on an outboard mic pre amp for ham communications. I want to set up my Shure SM-5 broadcast mic with a 940S transceiver, and before jumping in would like to hear some thoughts from fellow hams. Dont want to spend too much!! Thanks in advance! Ted k9toa

W4CNG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »

Behringer makes a small mic preamp that has both XLR and 1/4 inch mic plugs.  It will also supply +48V phantom power.  It has a 12AX7 tube.  Wall wart supplies power.  Has many selections of bandpass processing, input and output gain controls, led level bar graph.
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 05:02:22 PM »

Hi-fi SSB is SO 20th century. The real action is on IRLP (www.irlp.net), where you're not limited to just 3 kHz or so.
K9TOA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »

Going with the Behringer 2 channel preamp, running the RX thru the second pre. Should give me something to tinker with for a while. Thanks for the replies, and by the way, I have NO desire to go internet chatting! I prefer the old school 20th century!! 73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: