Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: telescoping mast  (Read 1198 times)
9V1VK

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:31:35 AM »

I bought a spiderbeam antenna for permanent use in singapore.  i should have bought a telescoping mast to go with it, because it's otherwise impossible/impractical for me to elevate.

I'd like the mast to allow a rotor, as well.

Spiderbeam sells nice telescoping masts that would allow a rotor on the bottom, however they are damn expensive (300euro for an 11m pole) [plus all the shipping from europe]

http://www.spiderbeam.net/sb/index.php?cat=c12_Aluminium%20Masts.html

anyone know of any feasible alternatives that are less expensive?
K8JDC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 11:51:32 AM »

Rohn makes a 44-foot telescopic mast that I have used for my 20m Moxon (with light-duty rotator).  I removed the top-most section as it is pretty small-diameter stuff, but the mast is usable in the 35-foot range if properly guyed.  The cost for the Rohn mast was around $80 USD.  I don't know if you can get one there, but they're fairly decent in my opinion.  In the US, Channelmaster makes a similar mast, but it is smaller in diameter than the Rohn mast.

Hope this helps...

Dave / K8JDC
K3JVB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

...Rohn also make a nice 50 footer too . Again, with the top section removed, it handles my hex beam, and Channel master at 40 feet.
NC2F

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:57 AM »

I once used an aluminum extension to ercet a j-pole 45' in the air. It worked great. I secured it against my deck with ropes as a temporatry antenna. I used it for a bit longer than I intended to since I didn't use the ladder for much of anything else. Emphasis on temporary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: