Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTENNA FOR THE FT-897  (Read 580 times)
LASER529

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:45:51 PM »

What is the best mobile antenna(hf and uhf/vhf) for the ft-897. Price is no object, multiple antenna's are fine also. Thax for any help.........
N5EAT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »

The HI-Q antenna is likely the best mobile antenna for any HF radio in mobile operation.  I own a Little Tarheel.  Most if not all of the tarheel antennas are well made.  

For uhf/vhf - there are too many choices to mention.  Probably 60 to 75 percent of them get the job done.  Even most of the bad ones get the job done until they fall apart.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »

For HF, any of the FULL SIZE motorized antennas will do the job. I'm partial to High Sierra. Unless you are willing to settle for very marginal performance on 75/80m, do NOT use any of the "shorty" antennas, no matter who makes them or the hype published about them.

As for VHF/UHF, the best dual-band antenna on the market is the Larsen NMO270B or BK, properly mounted in a 3/4" hole the middle of the roof of the vehicle. This antenna will outlast anything else on the market and will hold its own with any of the "super" imported antennas. Virtually all the imports have gain figures that are, to be generous, pure BS.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
LASER529

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »

GOT MY TICKET TODAY HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: