Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad swr and a duplexer  (Read 752 times)
ON8RTH

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »

Hi everone,

I am Robin (ON8RTH) an I am 15 years old. I live with my parents. The problem that I have is now i have 2 antenna Diamond CP-6 and a "White pole" for 2m and 70cm. There run 2 coax's from my xmtr to my antennas. Now that space where the cable lay is seald off with gyproc and I cant lay a thriht coax for a W3DZZ.

A simple drawing of my solution:
http://robin.tussen.be/FOTO/EHAM.bmp

My question is does a high SWR in a coax line influence the duplexers? and the preformance?

ON8RTH
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »

Robin:

You might want to repost this over in 'Elmers' - I suspect more potential respondants will see it there.

What you have drawn is theoretically correct, but I don't know about the SWR.  My only experience with duplexers is combining 3 outputs on the back of my FT-847 into one for a tri-band vertical stick [6 meter/2 meter/70 cm].

Another option would be a remote antenna switch, but I'm suspecting that's the same challenge - you only have one coax run so running control wiring is probably the same issue.  hopefully that will be allowed to change soon!

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: