Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna tuner placement  (Read 633 times)
KD4KAC

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2007, 06:44:49 PM »

Making plans now to set up my first HF station.  How far should I place my antenna tuner from my computer?  Right now my VHF radio is 2 inches from my monitor and no interference.  Will an antenna tuner need to be placed further away from my monitor?
K0XU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 05:47:53 AM »

There should be no issues there. I have never had any problems except with the amp. had to keep that at least a foot from the monitor.

Jim
KD4KAC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »

Thanks.  Thinking about getting the Ic-7000 and trying to decide on an antenna tuner now.
N4HRA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:01:39 AM »

I have a dipole utside with ladder line to a SGC STU in the atic, then coax and DC power running down to the shack. This way I tune the antenna and not the coax as you do with coax to the antenna and the tunner by the rig

just my 2 cents
NG0K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »

Decide on the antennas first.  That will help you decide on the tuner. If you can put up a few resonant antennas then a small autotuner would work well.  If you can't then maybe a more robust manual tuner fits the bill.

73, Doug.

73, Doug - NG0K
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 02:54:47 PM »

"I have never had any problems except with the amp. had to keep that at least a foot from the monitor."

I have an LCD monitor sitting on top of my TL922A amp without any issues. Maybe lcd's are better at dealing with the magnetic field from the transformer

Mark N1UL G3ZZM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: