Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-480SAT or the TS-2000  (Read 595 times)
K0BLR

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:27:38 AM »

Good Morning Everyone,

The name here is Ben. My callsign is K0BLR. Anyways, the reason for my email to this forum is to ask a couple questions. My situation right now is that I am running a FT-100 with a manual tuner. I am a NCS for the Minnesota Section Phone Net Saturday afternoon and at 5:30. I also handle my fair share of the traffic for alot of parts of Minnesota. It would be nice to check a Freq before I have to move off to handle traffic when I am not NCS. So here is what I would like. It has to be a decent performer SSB, CW and the Digital. Would it be nice to have 100w on 2 meters yes but not really a priority. Dual VFO's would be nice to have. I would like to get into doing CW and Digital modes such as PSK 31 so the radio has to handle all that. It should be able to keep with all the Icoms the hams in this area have. So Having said that am I better off going with the TS-2000 or the TS-480SAT.
K9KJM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »

Get the TS-2000.  A radio that is capable of doing a lot of things, Including cross band repeat from HF to UHF!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: