Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rotor Control Box Selector  (Read 770 times)
WA9AFM

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »

Has anyone devised, for the lack of a better term, a rotor control box selector to permit using one control box for two separate rotors (same brand/model, of course)?  Would hope this is possible to minimize clutter on operating desk.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:41 PM »

If you use the Hy-Gain rotators (HAM-X or Tail Twister series, or even the CD45-II), the control boxes "stack" on top of each other perfectly, so they occupy no more desk/bench space than a single one.  That's what most of us do.

However of course you really could use one box with two motors: You only need an 8-pole rotary switch and a place to mount it.

WB2WIK/6
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »

Pardon me, but that's silly.  I would never use one control box for more than one rotator.  But then again, I'm a DXer and Contester and typically want and need my antennas to be pointing in different directions all at the same time.  I'd say look to maximize your shack layout better.  Just my HMO.  Phil
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:11 PM »

If I recall correctly, W0AIH has something like that on one of his 15-meter stacks.  I think it allowed you to slave the rotors together, too.  But, it's been a while since I operated there...  

I prefer towers of control boxes at an operating position looking good and loud to visitors and photographers. Smiley
W3MR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 06:21:31 AM »

You might want to look at the Green Heron controller box.
http://www.greenheronengineering.com/download-files/brochure.pdf

Mel W3MR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: