Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Condo Station Triplexer question  (Read 608 times)
VE6KLJ

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »

Well, I'm moving to a condo, in life its a step up (was renting a basement before) but in radio a step down. My "man room" is across the condo from the balcony of course.

In order to reduce the amount of coax I have to run, I was thinking of something.

I run HF, 2m and 70cm. That said, comet and others have triplexers that would work fine. The question I have is this.

on the radio side I could have a triplexer being fed from each of the 3 bands, then run a single coax across the apartment, and put another triplexer on the end and plug antennas in to their respective spots. would that work? does it make sense? Probably not the most effective/cheap thing to do, but i'm mainly curious.
VE7NGR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:00:33 PM »

Yes, that will work just fine. Insertion loss should be fairly small, so it shouldn't have a noticeable effect on system performance. It may not even be that expensive, as you will save money on coax. Depending on the length and type of coax, it may even be the cheaper alternative.
VE6KLJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: