Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Combining receive audio  (Read 627 times)
WA0NNX

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2009, 09:21:23 AM »

To keep station clutter down, I am thinking of combining the receive audio on four rigs, listening to all a the same time, and only use two speakers.  

Any ideas on what works for you, or equpment suggestions is appreciated!
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:51:58 AM »

There are any number of possible ways, but New Communications Solutions http://www.ncsradio.com/m_rx.html

These guys have the best system I've found.  I've had this unit now for a couple of years and I find it very useful indeed.  I have all 6 slots filled and it is very helpful.

Not too cheap, but nothing good IS I guess.
WA0NNX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:39:13 AM »

Thanks for the tip!  I must have gone to an old link when I looked them up before posting.  It indicated the company was having problems with suppliers.

Again, appreciate the quick response.
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »

KG6WOU, can you set the radio positions in the sound field or are they just spaced out six different places?

I use a little mixer I built to combine two rigs and I find it easiest to concentrate on one or the other if they're located in "the right place" as far as the radio physical location.

For my rigs, one is right in the middle and one is off to the right.  I find that better than any other balance I've tried (one in each ear is almost impossible)

That box is neat...

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:39:50 PM »

The postions are fixed in spatial mode - from left to right, radios 1 to 6.  hitting the center button for any one radio will put it in the middle at twice the volume.

With normal mode, you choose left or right for any radio at random - i.e. you could have radio one in the right, all the rest left except four in the center, louder...or any other combo.

My favorite button is "Mute All" so that I can shut it all down when the wife wants to talk or the phone needs attention.

Also, if you like to record of the air, it's got that output as well with a VOX control if it's FM you are recording - and you can record any of the radios - one or all of them.

Honestly, I have a lot of equipment I really like, but the NCS is darn near my favorite accessory - I have two speakers, 6 radios, plus with the amp in this unit, it drives a decent sized speaker so the audio quality is pleasant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: