Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cable Managment  (Read 681 times)
KG2V

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:04:20 AM »

As we all know, today's shacks have a HUGE amount of cables running around - Coax, Rotor, Grounds, Computers, More computers, computer to rig interface,power, etc

I haven't found a real good way to deal with the "wire monster" yet - I've got stuff bundled, I've got custom cut cables for some stuff, but still it looks like 2 giant spiders had a fight

Anyone have any good ideas?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »

Try a Google search on cable management. You'll find lots of plastic cable routing materials. What you want likely depends on your particular application.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 03:26:38 PM »

hi Charles,

I've been using the Velcro type One-wrap,
they come in a bag of 100.

http://www.velcro.com/uploads/pdf/communications/cable-mgmt.pdf

73 james
K9KJM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:37:59 PM »

One important tip is to LABEL the ends of all cables and wires with what it is and where it goes. Even a simple piece of masking tape with ink pen lettering on it to let you know what it is for, Or a much more elegant proper "label" for wires, But DO label them all right away!

Be somewhat careful bundling them together, I like the idea posted about the velcro straps. Those are easy to take apart and redo. Sometimes making things "too neat" and bundling lines too tightly together can cause problems..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: