Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freq Program List..Good idea  (Read 1543 times)
NA4IT

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2002, 04:15:03 PM »

I have seen a couple of the posts mention the person having the equipment stolen from them provided a list of frequencies programmed in the rig. That's a good idea, and everyone should have a list that is updated every time you reprogram. Sure, Joe Blow Crook can look up the instructions for the rig on the internet, but most could care less what is programmed in it. The programming make a pretty good "finger print"!
KG4ZUD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 10:50:33 AM »

Wouldn't a serial number also provide a good fingerprint, and be easier to compare?
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 09:57:21 AM »

Freq. Lists, ID numbers, etc. All very good ideas.
Yes, freqs may be reprogrammed, or serial numbers erased or changed... and even MY idea has is drawbacks, but here's what I do.  EVERY piece of gear I own, I take apart, and somewhere inside, I place a self-stick label or tape a piece of paper that has: NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, ETC. printed on it.  Thieves, Pawn-shop owners, and others in the "chain" are not going to take something apart to look, but if you see your goodie sitting in a pawn shop, or police evidence locker, the name inside is a sure-fire ID.  For those paranoid types, specific personal ID numbers/letters system could be used on these labels so "the boogie man", Big Brother, or the little grey aliens don't get your name, address, etc.

CAM - N7NBB
BUG2BOY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 02:21:48 AM »

I have to agree with the little sticky, every piece of equipment no matter what it may be has that piece of paper in it, name serial number and maybe even a email address will sufficent if it need be to come up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: