Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen car  (Read 1282 times)
N3WOR

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2002, 08:55:16 AM »

My call was WA3OKW from 1969 to 2001.  After I bought a car in 1972, my license plate was always WA3OKW. Then last year, someone stole the car, so to keep my call sign license plate I had to switch to the new system of call signs, something I hoped to avoid.  But I finally gave in and changed the call sign to keep my PA amateur radio license plate.  What can you do?

Marc N3WOR
Jenkintown PA
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 05:48:33 PM »

Well, that seems extreme. Wasn't there a way to purchase a vanity plate with the old call until the car was recovered or the old plate expired? Doesn't  your state have more than one design that would have allowed you to continue to have the old call? I understand  the attachment to an old call, it is the reason I have kept my KL7 call. I could get K7IPV but it just wouldn't "ring" the same.
Frank
KL7IPV
N1UJG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 07:51:46 PM »

You say "last year" your car was stolen.  After a year you would think that the chances of recovering the vehicle with the plates still on it are little to none.  The first thing that comes off the vehcile are the plates, it's the quickest way to be spotted.  Your local police department should have cancelled the plates off the original stolen car report after a year and modified the NCIC entry listing the vehcile by the VIN number only.  73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: