Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yahoo List for Stolen Radios  (Read 953 times)
WB8UPM

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2003, 06:04:39 PM »

A couple years ago, I created a forum for stolen radios on Yahoo.  I didn't publicize it, since I thought I had found that there were other resources adequately giving publicity to lists of such equipment. I thought the focus of my list (once I publicized it) would be on equipment OTHER THAN ham radio (such as GMRS, MURS, etc.).

I suffered a loss of equipment during a home break-in recently, and found few Web resources now covering this topic. Maybe the sites I (thought I had) found during surfing a couple years ago are now gone, or maybe by expectations have changed?

In any event, the Yahoo list that I created has a database that is organized by make, model and serial number (which seems to be the logical organizational method).

I don't wish to detract from the exchange here on eHAM.net, but perhaps my Yahoo alternative might be of use to some.

The list on Yahoo is STOLEN_RADIO (except lower case, although I don't think Yahoo is case sensitive).

You can join that list by sending an email to:
stolen_radio-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your comments (and criticisms) are welcomed, eagerly anticipated. If there is a better list out there somewhere, please let me know. (I run too many Yahoo groups already!)

- Corwin Moore (WB8UPM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: