Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF VE2KRN  (Read 3805 times)
KC8VWM

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2004, 02:13:15 AM »

Re Rene Gilbert VE2KRN:

It appears by the evidence provided that he has in fact sent you these items. Huh

I dispise the fact that you dislike Canadians as a society. I am both a Canadian and American myself. I happen to be located very close to your QTH near Springfield, Ohio.

What is this kind of aminosity toward Canadians? Do you dislike Canadians in general? Frankly, this rather disgusts me, but somehow it does not seem to surprise me.

What kind of message does your actions send to Canadians living in your own back yard in America?

Charles - KC8VWM
Columbus, Ohio

Formerly an Amateur from Ontario, Canada
N8PQB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 06:01:56 PM »

To all ham radio operators….. BEWARE of this ham, call sign VE2KRN

Rene Gilbert
961, Lariviere Ave
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec.
Canada, J9X 4K6

Uses the following email addresses but may have others as well.

Swl0007@hotmail.com
Ve2krn@hotmail.com

Web site: http://www.renegilbert.com

He talks a good talk and promises all the right things, makes reference to his Ebay feedback under the user name VE2KRN, but once I sent him proof of shipping on a trade deal, he doesn’t answer emails, nor have I received his part of the trade. Once again I have gotten the short end by a fellow ham, sure makes me want to stop dealing on the ham sites, and especially from our neighbors to the north.
VE2CU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 03:41:11 PM »

Hi Tom,

Please believe that this guy is NOT representative of the majority of Canadian Hams. Being located in the bush up north, he may believe that he can get away from the law. However, should you wish, you can always contact our Royal Canadian Mounted Police, (your F.B.I. counterpart) and rest assured they're MOST efficient and swift.They're on the web, or you may contact them by phone.

I am ashamed of this sort of things as I've always believed that the Ham Brotherhood should help each other and or at the very least, BE HONEST!!! I for one have purchased from US and overseas "confrères", as well as made a couple of honest sales, no glitches to report either way.

Best of luck & kind 73's,
Michel  VE2CU
N0XE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 11:31:10 AM »

Canadian postal system and customs can be very slow, the last item I got from Cananda took 19 days, from the other posts I would guess this may be  the problem and it is a shame as it is one of the primary reasons a lot of hams will not fool with dealing with our friends up north, I am pretty sure you will get your item, maybe you already received it and feel bad now for your statement as I did not see you reply when he stated he had proof it was delivered, I have learned from experience not to jump to conclusions or ASUME, I have been guilty of it a few times due to some of the bad posts I have read on this swap net and others but now I just try to research it as well as possible, get good phone numbers and verify them and good addresses and get references if I can get them, I also use Ebay if they have a user name and if all looks good then probably ok, but never a 100% guarantee for sure.  I hope this works out, if the item was just left and he has proof that it was delivered then it may have been taken off your poarch and that does happen a lot more then you think especially with small packages or UPS who most of the time just drop and run. I have found Canadian hams to be just as honest as American hams, it has nothing to do with if you live this side of the border or on the other  side, it has to do with people and honesty, truth, and honor. I hope you find it ok,   73  N0XE
WA0UDX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 09:53:03 AM »

I bought a used 2 meter radio from Rene a few months ago, and he went to great lengths to email me the status of receiving my money order, his packaging of the radio, the shipment, etc. He even emailed me a picture of the radio all ready for shipment, etc. Yes I was worried about doing business with persons and products, sight unseen, but it all worked out fine. I found him to be totally honest and delivered exactly what he promised.
I'm hoping for your sake Tom that there is a good explanation as to why he has not yet come through.
SWL007

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 01:50:43 PM »

What a big joke!!!

I'm Rene VE2KRN and the FT-3000M was sent to Tom Johnson on Feb 17, 2004 with $300 insurance and delivered on Feb 28,2004

Go on: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home&page=0035trackandconfirm

Type this tracking number: CX 014 529 393 CA

This item was delivered at: at 12:22 pm on February 28, 2004 in SPRINGFIELD, OH 45504.

I can send a copy of my Canada Post receipt with tracking number as a proof to anyone here.

Tom, please be fair with me and our ham communities. Don't destroy my reputation on this great website. If you don't like Canadians, it is your problem but don't use eHam.net to destroy other fair hams reputations. Don't believe these affirmations about me.

73's to all of you on eHam! Special thanks here to Jim Sellon WA0UDX in Arvada, CO.

Sincerely,

Rene Gilbert
VE2KRN
N9FX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 07:24:32 PM »

I too have had business with this ham and everything went fine. I normally do not post here but it is hard to see someone get slammed and you know personaly otherwise. The biggest issue was waiting for the item to get thru customs. The item I purchased was in the $300.00 bracket and it was a hard wait for me but I did look at his references and felt assured that I did not get burned and I was right I didn't.
KD5UJX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 04:53:36 PM »

I don't deal with Canada anymore because of the the slow postal service, duties, inspections, etc.  It's just not worth it.
VE2KRN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 10:03:52 PM »

N8PQB, I think your radio is off... Are you listening???

You started this topic against me, can you reply now???

Youhoo!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: