Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KF4TUN Jim Simmons Beware  (Read 1751 times)
N5ORU

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2005, 08:25:19 AM »

UPDATE:

Since my last post I have received 2 Heathkit power supplies from Jim Simmons, KF4TUN. These were not the same power supplies I had originally sent. The ones I sent him were both in working condition. I have no idea of the condition of these. After weekly phone calls and emails I still do not have a transceiver or my original equipment back. I am not able to call him anymore because his phone has been disconnected. He has even involved his wife, daughter and grandson in this by telling me the radio was being shipped. I honestly believe that he doesn't even have my radios. Last week I offered to pay for the shipping of my radios back to me. If the radio was fixed like he stated I am sure that he would have taken me up on that offer. I appreciate the hams in the Morehead-Clearfield Kentucky area for talking to him about this. You would think that their knowing and questioning him about this he would try to save face and ship my equipment. I have been ripped off and it will not happen again. I have learned alot from this. Too bad he makes all of us hams look bad.

Mark N5ORU
N5ORU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 05:07:58 PM »

In July of 2003 I posted on one of the heathkit boards a for sale or trade on both of my Heathkit HW-101's. I received a reply from Jim Simmons KF4TUN that he would fix one of the radios and for payment he would keep one of the radios. After several excuses and promises I still do not have a radio. I have requested several times that he return everything and I would find someone else to fix the radios or sell them for parts. I have researched this individual and found several sites posting similar complaints. Moral of the story: Be sure to research an individual before trusting them. I am from the old school that you can trust a Ham, that has changed now.

Thanks for reading,

Mark N5ORU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: