Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom T2H 2-meter HT Ser# 0506574 STOLEN  (Read 1081 times)
AD7BF

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:27:51 AM »

My Icom T2H 2-meter handheld, serial number 0506574, was stolen from my wife's car this afternoon (Sunday August 6, 2006) while we were inside Kinko's on Everett Mall way in Everett, WA The radio had Digicam 1800 mAh NiMH batteries in it at the time it was stolen and there is (was) a sticker on the back of the radio identifying it as mine.

Also stolen were two Motorola V2260 cell phones (serial #s 6877B4BA and 6877B4EA), a car charger for the cell phones and a nice new 3-D cell MagLight flashlight.

If anyone happens across my radio, I'd sure appreciate it if they'd let me know about it or contact the Everett Police and let them know. The case number is DD06-17851. The investigating officer's voicemail can be reached by dialing 425-257-8490 and entering mailbox number 91170.

I expect the cell phones are probably already in a dumpster somewhere since we suspended service within about 15 minutes of their theft so I'm sure we'll never see them again.

I'll be beating up on myself for this for a long time as it was totally preventable and occurred only because I foolishly deviated from my usual behavior of rarely leaving anything of value inside the car and always keeping it hidden from site in those rare events when I do leave something in the car. This coupled with the fact that I hadn't noticed that my wife had left the rear windows down far enough for someone to reach in and unlock the doors resulted in a perfect setting for a "crime of opportunity" for some druggies we observed arrive in two separate vehicles and watched loitering between our vehicle and one of theirs as we were going about our business just a few feet away and in full view of everyone inside the store. We didn't realize they had been inside our car until we got in to leave and noticed my radio missing. If I see any of the five individuals involved any time soon I'll certainly recognize them but I'm not sure what good that will do.

What I really need is for all the honest hams out there to write down the serial number of my radio and the PD's case number and report it if they happen to run across my radio some day. I sure wish there was one central database everyone knew about where stolen equipment info could be entered and accessed easily by all. I'm glad e-ham.net has this forum available - it's a lot better than nothing (which is what I've found everywhere else I've looked so far).

Thanks and 73,

Eric, AD7BF
AD7BF@arrl.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: