Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N0IRS is a thief and lier  (Read 32694 times)
5R8GQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »

"If this happened to me, my next phone calls and letters would be to:
1) FBI since this is mail fraud
2) The attorney general for his state
3) The attorney general for my state
4) If he is retired military, then his pension is at risk if he is convicted of a felony -- mail fraud is probably a felony.
5) small claims in his state -- I bet you can take a tax deduction for the travel and other expenses, even if you can't collect them in small claims court.
6) If he is a member of any organization -- I would send a letter to each such organization requesting that his membership be revoked since he is not of good character.
7) If he is a member of a religious organization, I would call the leader of that organization and ask them to intervene."
------------------------------------------------------

What about contacting your Senator or Congressman? How about the President? Oh my, why stop there? Contact the United Nations and Nato! This is WAR! Smiley
All above is tongue in cheek of course...
Ohyeah, Mail Fraud is investigated by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, not the FBI.
------------------------------------------------------
Seller: Release you rage my friend, you're going to have a stroke! $275 isn't all THAT much money, and like the guy said, a good lesson to belearned not to ship anything until the check is cleared and PAID.
(A cleared check doesn't mean it's a "good" check, a common misperception.)
W7RA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »

That was not a very smart way to protect your asset. At least with Paypal or waiting on cleared funds, you are somewhat protected.  The Scriptures says something about being wise as serpent.  I am afraid what you did does not fall under that concept.

If you get the money back you get it back.  The FBI, FCC and others will probably not bother with a $250 petty theft.  
N0WUE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »

This is why you do not send products or goods until you have the full agreed amount.

Once you sent the radio to him, you removed any obligation for him to pay the full amount.

I hate being the person to tell people this stuff, but the only thing that will get the rest of your money or the radio back, is this person's conscience.
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 06:14:07 PM »

bet this is him but he has his age listed as 9?

http://hamradiotube.com/sm/profile_media/N0IRS/
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

Not sure why almost everyone is on the victim's case.
Only one of the two people involved seems to have something malicious on purpose.

It seems almost everyone here says that the buyer gave himself a discount because he could, and it was the seller that let him.

Maybe I expect too much of people too.

It's better to have faith in people than a few more $$$ in your pocket.
But to blame the guy who is out the $$$...and telling him that he brought it on himself?  Wow... that was surprising to me.

Maybe I could go to a swap meet, grab some stuff from a table, run and we'll blame it on the guy putting stuff on a table "up for grabs" so to speak? Geez.

Dimitri
KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 11:10:20 AM »

"But to blame the guy who is out the $$$...and telling him that he brought it on himself? Wow... that was surprising to me. "

Why? I mean, it sucks that he's out the money, but only in amateur radio would anyone even think of giving someone equipment without getting the money for it first.  I wouldn't give a stranger a car unless I had 100% of the money in my pocket first.  So why would that common sense just be ignored when selling/buying amateur equipment?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »

If this happened to me, my next phone calls and letters would be to:
1) FBI since this is mail fraud

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service handles
mail fraud, not the Feebs.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »

Yes, it is pretty sad that is this relatively small fraternity we belong to, there are among us thieves and criminals, like this posts individual and the one I recently ran afoul of KJ4TOF that not only stole my equipment, stole the money back that he has sent via Bank and Internet and Mail fraud.  It is really sad we even have to deal with losers like this that rip people off, decent people and you see them go into the woodwork for a bit and then re-appear, ripping someone else off, perhaps a larger sum of money.

They jack around with this behavior thinking they will succeed but in time, it does catch up with a personal visit or perhaps jail time.  I have seen it happen.

Being an individual that believes in justice, I feel more should be done to warn others of these individuals.  They should have their licenses pulled IMHO.

Let them scam somewhere else...
KD8HMO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »

Jeez, why all the whining and crying here? Just sue him in your small claims court. Then drag him over to Judge Judy and she can give him a tongue lashing for not paying his bill, not paying his child support and seeing his kids, and not being able to hold a job at Burger King or collecting beer cans off the street... LOL
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

Dave,
Snip...

Sorry to poke fun in your way but I agree with the others. I can't believe anyone would send ANYTHING of value to someone you don't know simply on their WORD. Most people's word today is worth exactly what it weighs - NOTHING! Cash before delivery with no chance of chargeback or pull back of funds after delivery. PERIOD!

snip...

KI6LO

So let me get this straight, Nobody should ship something without receiving CASH payment!

So the guy who sends CASH without receiving something is just as big a fool, because he may receive nothing!

Problem is, someone has got to take a chance and send something while having nothing.

See thats the problem with internet transactions, thats why I only use Paypal, they hold the money and they guarantee delivery or you get a refund.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:03:48 PM by Robert Garth » Logged
WD5GXH

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »

what  did you expect you call yourselved bandits
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:25 AM »

Dave,
Snip...

Sorry to poke fun in your way but I agree with the others. I can't believe anyone would send ANYTHING of value to someone you don't know simply on their WORD. Most people's word today is worth exactly what it weighs - NOTHING! Cash before delivery with no chance of chargeback or pull back of funds after delivery. PERIOD!

snip...

KI6LO

So let me get this straight, Nobody should ship something without receiving CASH payment!

So the guy who sends CASH without receiving something is just as big a fool, because he may receive nothing!

Problem is, someone has got to take a chance and send something while having nothing.

See thats the problem with internet transactions, thats why I only use Paypal, they hold the money and they guarantee delivery or you get a refund.

I do most of my dealings on the usual sites (eHam classifieds, qth.com, etc.) and it is customary for the seller to ship after payment received. Don't know why that is... perhaps because that's what you do if you buy from a retail establishment... you pay then they ship.

Easiest method is with a USPS money order because you don't have to wait for the check to clear; it's as good as cash. Or Paypal. Though Paypal can work against you if you are the seller and the buyer is trying to scam you by saying the items wasn't delivered or as described. Rare but it happens.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

postcount++;

Don't send strangers expensive things they haven't paid for yet
Don't use cash in any transaction that doesn't involve you handing it to the other person (or vice versa)

The worst part is you likely have little recourse, as this was a transaction done in cash, through the mail, and the only "proof" is contained inside easily forged email(s).  No contract, no witness, no receipt, no anything.

I feel for you, I really do...but a lot of common sense was thrown to the wind on this one. I know money makes people do..interesting...things, but man oh man.

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »

Why on earth would you send a radio without receiving full payment first, especially to a stranger? Sure, you'd like to think you can trust someone but is it really worth the risk? I hate to say it to the OP, but I think it should be a lesson learned. I've never sent anything before receiving full payment to avoid situations just like this.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »

Why on earth would you send a radio without receiving full payment first, especially to a stranger?

Why on earth would you send cash payment without receiving and inspecting the radio first, especially to a stranger?

It works both ways.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: