Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Buyer Beware With Kb3ksp  (Read 2144 times)
KB5WVK

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »

I had a bad experience in dealing with this individual. I am posting this as a heads up for other members so that they do not get ripped off.

http://www.eham.net/user/profile/KB3KSP

About this item on eham.

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/254164

Here is the list of things that happend.

* He lied on multiple occasions about shipping this item.

* It took almost a month before he shipped it.

* He also lied about the condition of the rig "10 OUTTA 10"

* Condition was 6/10 with scratches everywhere.

* The Display is intermittent, and will require repair. NOT "WORKING 100%"

* The power cord was not included as he promised in the ad.

* The tracking number was sent to me the day the rig arrived, only after threatning legal action.

* I still to this day get profane threatning emails in my spam box from him.

* One response was "i never said what friday i would ship now did i f***nut"

* Another partial quote from one of his messages.

"also dont collect welfair like yourself either plus i run my own business too call the police what a joke you are as*****e and i will post also what a nice guy you are too"

I was threatened with retaliation if I were to make this post.

I was a nice guy up until the end when I got fed up with his lies at every turn.

* I was looking for an original working 2950 that had not been "CB'd" for actually 10 meter use.
It has potentiometers missing, and it had the modulation clipping transistor removed.

This guy is either ignorant or a liar when it comes to the condition of the equipment he sells. Do yourself a favor and get it somwhere else.
If I wanted a Cb'd 2950 I could have picked one up at the truck stop.

This was deleted once before, I do not know why, and I don't appreciate it. IF the moderators have a problem with this posting, let me know. To save us both re-posting and re-deleting.

The good news is that I am about to take him to court.

KB5WVK  
KC7NOA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/254164 nothin there ...
5R8GQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »

"I was looking for an original working 2950 that had not been "CB'd" for actually 10 meter use."
For "actually 10m use"? SURE you were. With THAT piece of shit CB rig and THESE band conditions?? I have good antennas and $3,000 rigs and I have only even heard 2-3 LEGAL 10m sigs in the last year.
Freebander hiding behind a callsign?
KB5WVK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »

My my, the number of Trolls on this site never ceases to amaze me.

Hello Kenneth, AD6KA. These rigs are a POS even when they are new, I will give you that.

You say you have "good antennas" and a $3000 rigs. So you have a mediocre station at best by your own admission.

I am glad that exercising your false sense of superiority makes you feel better.

I am surprised Cris let you put that much on her credit card. Perhaps you can enlist her talents as a speech pathologist before you spout about on the internet again.

10m is real ham band, maybe you did not know that. As a "real" ham you should, perhaps you need re-training. You contradict yourself in your post. You are worried about freebanders, yet you have only hear 2-3 legal "sigs" in the last year. If you can't hear them, what are you worried about? Maybe your antenna is not as good as you think. Perhaps you should ask a freebander to come over and help you get it up.

In my area we have nets on 10 meters. But I suppose you already knew that right? We get hit with propagation from Mexico all the time on this band. Intrusions from Mexican stations, illegal stations and truck drivers are common. If you don't use it, you will lose it. When a new ham comes to me and wants to participate on HF and states that they only have a $200 budget, guess what, you get what you pay for.

Some upgrade their license and save up for a better rig some do not, thats "upgarde" for you, yes I read that post too.

As far as hiding behind the callsign, what are you talking about? Freebanders don't give their call because they don't have one? Are you senile?

"Freebander hiding behind a callsign?" It's more like an idiot (you) hiding behind a computer. You would not call me a liar to my face, because you are a coward, and would most certainly need some dental work afterward.

It's one thing to be a troll, but a girlyman troll?, your mom must be real proud of you.

It's people like you, and Kb3ksp that are ruining this hobby. Shame on you.

73, and I hope in the future you strive to not be such a Madagascar hissing cockroach.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »

A "CB'D" 2950?They are ALL CB'D & "ILLEGAL" for use the the U.S.A. on ANY band 10 meters or CB so what's all the crying about?Maybe you did NOT know that & were going to WASTE your money on a USELESS piece of crap radio with a ROGER BEEP?Go to QTH.com home page & scroll down the page to ILLEGAL 10 meter radios & amplifiers just for FUTURE REFERENCE!Them buy a LEGAL radio with you hard earned money!

Clayton
W4KVW
W3DCB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »

Amen...was going to write the SAME thing.  This radio is NOT type accepted for use in the USA.  Save your money...save up a bit more...buy a real radio.  Case closed!  Daniel Baral wb2mjb  Take care and be well!
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »

One can STILL BUILD a radio and it does NOT have to be type accepted.  What's the difference???
N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »

SSDD

Don N4TTS
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

Hey, Kenny!

Why don't you do the manly thing....

and head out to your garden and tend to your dahlias.

It might put you in a better frickin' mood, man....

73, Bill
NJSIDEBANDER

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »

Hope nobody missed the point of this thread at the beginning, it started out about a deal gone bad. I wonder what the outcome was?
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »

Pretty funny, I worked about 20 countries on a 2950 on voice an cw.. You make do with what you have and thats all I had at the time. Some of you amaze me.. Yes it is a POS but it will talk just as far as any other rig at 25 watts. Just dont put it near a power supply LOL..
W3DCB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »

K1DA on June 18, 2009 wrote:  One can STILL BUILD a radio and it does NOT have to be type accepted. What's the difference???  

A big difference.  One may not import or use such a non-type accepted radio.  A home brewed radio is covered under different regulations.  Sorry, that it just the way it is.  Be careful of that sort of thing...Also, watch what you do with type accepted ham radios used outside of their accepted frequencies.  Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from fine.  Sorry to spread bad news.  Take care.  Daniel Baral wb2mjb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: