Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Ham N9CMS CHRIS SAYLOR  (Read 3789 times)
W4FJF

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »

Chris,
When are you going to refund the money for the radio (Complete Icon IC-707 station) you never shipped to me? $350 isn't much to some hams, but me being disabled and on a limited income, it's a lot. I sent the money in good faith, and you ripped me off. What are your fellow hams in Plainfield IN. thinking of you? I want my money back, and will not stop asking until you refund it to me. I am not just going to "go away". Don't bother denying it, I have kept ALL correspondence, and will produce it to anyone who asks. Pay up, or continue to have a bad reputation.
Fred Fuhrer - W4FJF.
W9PDN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »

Fred

Have you received any refund yet, if not  just respond here.. i think i may know a way to help you out

Pete
W4FJF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:10:22 AM »

Pete,
   If you can help, my thanks to you. This guy has gotten away with robbing me for far too long. Your assistance will keep me from turning all correspondence in to the FCC to have his license revoked on the ethics rules.
Best Regards,
Fred - W4FJF.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

<< Your assistance will keep me from turning all correspondence in to the FCC to have his license revoked on the ethics rules. >>

You'll need to get a criminal conviction on the gentlemen first. The FCC won't even begin to consider a revocation just on your say so - and rightly so.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

I hope he pursued it beyond a nasty-gram on this forum. If this is the extent of his efforts beyond informal requests, you can kiss it goodbye.  
W9PDN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:58:21 PM »

Fred

How did you pay for the equipment.....postal money order Huh??

pete
w9pdn
W4FJF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »

Pete and All,
  I went thru the local PD, the Postal Service, both State Attorney Generals Offices before I started my crusade to keep on after N9CMS until he gives up. The cops and the Postal inspectors say they cannot find him. The State Attorney General Office in Indiana say they cannot help unless more complaints are filed against him. I keep two copies of all correspondence I had with this "gentleman" on hand in case anyone wants to start a harassment suite against me. I also have a laywer, that if he dies, they would have to screw him into the ground to bury him. The story, short and simple is this: I sent money, he didn't send the station. I got ripped off for $350.00. I have copies of the receipt from the Postal Money Order, and the proof he cashed it. What I don't have is the system that will work to make him pay back the money. So I appeal to all the hams in Plainfield, Indiana (and the surrounding area) who really care to help a fellow ham to put some pressure on this fellow to do right. This isn't some story some old f*rt dreamed up to have something to do. I may be disabled, but not bored.
Best Regards,
Fred - W4FJF.  
KB2VUQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »

Fred,

I just went through this myself, with another ham.
Sometimes, people aren't genuinely dishonest, but lazy and incompetent instead.

It took three weeks before my "seller" shipped the radio, loose and unsecured in a package designed for another radio. Suffice to say, it was damaged, both before and during shipping. Sadly though, it was going to be a gift for one of my children.    

Save all of the emails (including full headers)and
(don't laugh) make sure to VIDEO the package being opened!  

Out of curiosity...how long are you waiting?

Best Regards,
Dennis  
W9PDN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 05:42:01 PM »

we are having the same problem with regards to finding him.........thats the most i can say here
KE7WJC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:34 PM »

Is there an update here?

- Stephen
W4FJF

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »

Steve,
No new news. All my emails to Chris reflect back to me, and no check to reimburse me for his abuse of my trust. It's a sorry person that screws his fellow hams by stealing their money, then ignoring their requests for fair treatment. I still haven't been able to replace the money to have a back up rig in case my trusty ICOM IC-751A has a problem. The Plainfield PD has info that he sold the same radio station to seven different hams, and they are after him too. This is just hearsay, I've no written statement from them stating so, just a phone conversation with a detective there. I keep on wondering why they do not arrest him on the charges I've filed. Both the Plainfield, IN PD and the Tallassee, Al PD have copies of the papers I've kept since the beginning. I've talked to my lawyer here in Al, and he said unless the cops in Plainfield arrest him, there is really nothing that can be done. If the amount was over a grand, then Al could force the issue. But $350.00 simply isn't enough, I guess. I guess I'll chalk it up to experience, but always hope that Chris will come to his senses and be honest for a change.
Regards,
Fred.
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »

CHRISTOPHER M SAYLOR Born  1973  
1686 COUNTY ROAD 50 E        
DANVILLE, IN  46122   (317) 718-7239      

1686 COUNTY ROAD 50 E      
DANVILLE, IN  46122   (317) 718-8259