Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen Siltronix 1011B  (Read 2619 times)
KJ4LCM

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:44:50 AM »

Hello All,

My mint Siltronix (Swan) 1011B was stolen earlier this year in Ft. Myers, FL. I was moving and someone walked off with it. I know who did it but do not have a name. If anyone runs across someone selling a nice 1011B with a D104, please let me know. It has some distinctive traits that I can easily identify. This was a great 10m radio and I miss it.

Thanks
N4ZAW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:09:07 AM »

Greetings. I may have some good news for you!
Email me at seanskiware@embarqmail.com .

I Have indeed, seen a siltronix with D-104 on a guy's table in North Fort Myers. His name is Lester Martin.
does this look like the guy you saw?
http://www.sheriffleefl.org/about/jaildetention/arrestBkDetail.aspx?id=50219&bk=613418&si=False&jv=3/11/1977 12:00:00 AM

This guy had me buffaloed from the day I met him. I have known him for about 1 year as an aquaintence (a CB'er I've talked to many times). I've been to his home three times that i can recall. Never in my wildest dreams,did I think this person was anything but honerable. I've even lent him 30 buks, which he promplty paid-back the next day.
I never would've suspected him even capable of THINKING about robbing a drug store,and have never heard him under the influence -- But there he is!!!
Which just goes to show, you never REALLY know somebody, Do you?
If I can help, let me know.
I can take you to the home, but do not know the address. It is off Marianna av , in N.F.M.
N4ZAW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 05:19:20 AM »

Lester Martin's address from arrest report;

329 W Mariana Ave
N Fort Myers, FL 33903
N4ZAW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 05:54:37 AM »

I just called the Sherriff's "crime stoppers" hotline and relayed all the pertanent information they asked for. I did so because; it would probably be beneficial to see if the radio is still on his kitchen table where i saw it (saturady morning). It was indeed "mint". He asked me if wanted to buy it... He was arrested very early Sunday morning.
Expect a call from "crime stoppers". I hope you get your rig back.And it's probably yours. after all-- how many "mint" Sili 1011's are out there?
 Happy holidays and 73.
KJ4LCM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »

Hi, And thanks for the info. First, was it a 1011B?  It has the vox plug on the left side of the cabinet. It has a blue / grey face, and not the more common black and white face. I had the manual with it in a manila envelope with 1011B written on the front. This is important. I dont want to blame someone for the wrong reason, and I dont really want this person going to jail. I just would like my radio back.  

Dale KJ4LCM
KJ4LCM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 06:03:39 AM »

Well, that went nowhere fast.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: