Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not happy with HRO  (Read 1700 times)
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2001, 03:21:02 PM »

Living in New England, I find it convenient to deal with the store in Salem, NH.  I bouoght my first honest-to-goodness rig last year, after bing inactive for almost 20 years.  I sent an e-mail to the store and I got a reply back with some addtional advice.  Even orders that were not in stock, I had no problem with their shipping.  Sometimes, I'll call and ask for something and they will separate it for me and I'll pick it up after getting out of work.  Never a problem.

KA2UUP
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2001, 03:23:09 PM »

Living in New England, I find it convenient to deal with the store in Salem, NH.  I bought my first honest-to-goodness from HRO.  I sent an e-mail to the store and I got a reply back with some addtional advice.  Even orders that were not in stock, I had no problem with their shipping.

I'll call and ask for something and they will set it aside for me and I'll go pick it up after getting out of work.  Never a problem.

KA2UUP
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2001, 03:27:28 PM »

Living in New England, I find it convenient to deal with the store in Salem, NH.  I bought my first honest-to-goodness from HRO.  I sent an e-mail to the store and I got a reply back with some addtional advice.  Even orders that were not in stock, I had no problem with their shipping.

I'll call and ask for something and they will set it aside for me and I'll go pick it up after getting out of work.  Never a problem.

KA2UUP
K4TBN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2001, 10:49:39 PM »

HRO was my favorite for many years, but then they knowingly sold FT1000MP's that had a high probability of being defective without informing prospective customers.  Tough luck if one failed.  AES at least gave a heads up. Two years ago I moved to a new QTH and am building a new station from scratch.  HRO hasn't seen the first dime from this endeavor nor will they.
KC2IHD

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2003, 06:50:15 PM »

Who Cares about what is said on air. Between the HRO in Anaheim and the one in Salem I spend about $20.000 a year in new equipment.I had not yet had any Problems at all. Although I had to return a few items for replacement I think thats normal. They Don't manufacture any of this equipment they only sell it. I would like to thank Dale in Anaheim and Barry in Salem for there OUTSTANDING service.When spending this kind of cash I choose HRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
WB6MYL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 10:44:48 PM »

As a premise to my review, let me say that I do not buy a lot of new equipment as I collect and use mostly boatanchors; however I have bought (all from Anaheim HRO)an R-9000, 781, 761 plus a lot of peripheral equipment. I think this store is just great; the personnel is knowledgeable and friendly whether you buy or not; I have bought a Heil mic which did not work for me and they gladly took it back; yes, you may save the tax and order out of state; however, I feel that if I am "kicking the tires" of a demo rig and decide to purchase that item, it is only fair to go back to the place which provides a friendly and no pressure environment to make my decision. If we do not support such businesses, there may exist the possibility that that store will not be there one day. Lastly, despite Bill and Terry and Janet being great, I do miss 'ol Dale (Piedfort) who retired earlier this year. God bless 'em. Thanx for reading. Phillip W. Harris, PhD.J.D.P.C.
K2CAD

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 09:05:39 AM »

Living in NY. When I deal with HRO it is usually the NH. store. I have always found them to be polite and professional. I have had the oportunity in the past to vist both the Burbank and the Sunnyvale stores. The have both also been polite and professional. Only once have I ever had a problem with an antenna getting lost with the shipper and Barry in NH promptly shipped out a replacement.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 07:04:35 PM »

I've also always dealt with the New Hampshire store, and have never had a problem.  I've bought many rigs from there, both for myself and my club--door prizes, club rigs, etc.

Since I've never had a problem, I've never had opportunity to deal with any other companies--HRO will get my business.
WV8PC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 03:46:26 AM »

Im VERY HAPPY with HRO in Delaware. I go to their store often. After I moved to Delaware from West Virginia I went to visit the store. I had ordered from them before moving by phone. EVERY STAFF MEMBER at the store is very friendly and goes out of their way to help you. Ive gotten to know one of their reps, BOB,very well. Bob is a fine person and really cares about the service he gives HRO's customers. All members of DEL HRO are great to deal with. This is very impressive since most other stores Ive delt with in Delaware are not very friendly. If you are having problems with these other stores...PLEASE give the Delaware store a chance to help you. Im a very happy customer.

Paul
WV8PC
KD7EZE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 07:43:56 AM »

I can sympathize with all of you that have had problems with HRO, but I can't speak with any authority, as I've never purchased anything from them. Plain and simple fact: their prices are unreasonable. I can meet and most often beat their prices, and get great service to boot with AES, and others. Although I live close to the east coast, I still give all my business to the AES Las Vegas store. They're very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional over the phone. Couldn't ask for more.

KG6QMZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »

I turn into the invisible man when I enter HRO at Anaheim. I work and live nearby so I shop there for small items when needed quickly.  Anything bigger goes to AES or Burghardt.  HRO, say hello to the customers; greet them; ask them if you can help.  I get better customer service at the local supermarket.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 04:29:44 PM »

Everyone seems to have ignored the elephant in the living room. HRO does not sell used equipment. The posting said he bought a FT-2500. They (Yaesu) haven’t made that radio in years.

HRO has a two week no questions return policy. I have used it. I don’t know what in the original post is truth and what is ancient history.

Now granted there are some sale folks at Denver HRO who are almost dead but John the manager has always been very polite and quite knowledgeable. I have been dealing with the Denver HRO for 9 years and have always had excellent service out of them.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: