Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocean State Electronics- Near Bankruptcy?  (Read 8107 times)
K3AN

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2006, 01:42:13 PM »

There are a disturbing number of recent posts in the Reviews section about hams not receiving their orders from this company. The credit cards are billed, of course. One poster said the company blames server or database problems.

This situation is often due to a company having severe cash flow problems, and I'm wondering if Ocean State may be about to declare bankruptcy.

Does anyone know any details? Has anyone purchased from them recently and gotten their order promptly?
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:26:11 AM »

I don't think I'll miss them too much. After putting together a $200 order and faxing it to them it took three emails before I was told 'we don't ship to Europe'.

Their loss. BG Micro and Mouser are much nicer people to deal with.

HA5RXZ
KC1XF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »

Went to Ocean State Electronics today to purchase some parts, after trying all day to reach them by phone. I was told they don't sell parts over the counter and the owner Frank was not there. Any parts I needed would have to be ordered over the internet.

I live 30 miles from there store why order them over the internet? Now I can see a picture forming here when I did a Google Search and see the emails about the possible Bankruptcy.

They even have a sign on the door that says this is not a walk in Store.

Beware,

Fred Bassett

KC1XF@YAHOO.COM
K3BO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »

I just put in an order. They said that due to high order backlog, expect to wait 3 to 4 weeks BEFORE shipping.
KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 11:14:02 PM »

They have always been slow with my orders, but this is the worst. I placed an order on Feb. 26,2007 and received a confirmation.  Two emails to customer service, and no response.  It's now almost two months.

I think it's time to start spreading the word about this company to my various Yahoo groups and ham forum sites, and the ham radio newsgroups.

Ted
K1QW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:55:12 AM »

Same problem here. I placed an order six weeks ago (which they confirmed via e-mail) and have not received delivery. No reply to my three e-mail inquiries, and it's not possible to get them on the phone. If it's not busy, you just get a recording directing you to their web site.

I think a complaint to the Rhode Island BBB is in order.

Too bad! They have (had?) some unique stuff which I couldn't seem to find anywhere else.  
W7MY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 12:04:43 PM »

My order is 3 months old now. I think I'll end up stiffed. They should at least take down their web page.

I wonder if the death of his father a few months ago has anything to do with this.

Greg
K1QW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »

I finally did get a reply from OSE, after I sent them a paper note complaining about the lack of communication. Apparently a hard-copy written message carries a lot more clout than e-mail.

Anyway, Frank apologized, told me that most of the parts I ordered were out of stock, didn't know when they would get more, and asked if I wanted to cancel the order. Needless to say, I did.

I got an e-mail acknowledgment, and that's that.

I would like to see OSE overcome whatever problems they're having, but for now, I'm not ordering anything more from them.

Larry
KD2DMV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »

Too bad to hear they have become unreliable I did pretty well with them in 2006, everything got here in days. I might have had part of an order delayed by a back order on some toroids but only for about a week later...
This is too bad they were pretty decent though the communications were pretty lacking.
Someone mentioned a store I suspect this is more of a garage/warehouse operation, probably no such thing as a store.
N4JZY

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 05:22:38 AM »

Placed an order with these people in December for some tools and received them in a few weeks. I called to see what was taking so long and was told they had been shipped and I was given a tracking number.

Randy N4JZY
N1AKN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »

I plaqced 2 orders last year , one I recieved 4 months later , the other I never recieved .
If someone lives in RI , I think they should call the Attorney General or BBB
KC0GVJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »

I've had an order with them for over 3 months, and have heard nothing. Today when I tried to go to their web page, it was gone. Perhaps they've finally gone under.
WA8QCA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »

their web site is gone now, sooo...
N2XPM

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 05:41:28 AM »

Could you please tell me where they are located.

I placed  an order with them about a month ago, my CC was charged and I received no merchandise.

I would like to contact the State Attorney Generals Office for that state to levy a complaint.

Thanks,

Artie
k2aau
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:15 AM »

Ocean State Electronics
6 Industrial Drive
Westerly, RI 02891-1513
(401) 596-3080
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print