Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TA-53M "SHORT"?  (Read 344 times)
W4KVW

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:30:52 PM »

I just installed a USED Mosley TA-53M today.The beam checked out PERFECT with the MFJ 259B analyzer prior to & after installation.Upon applying output power the SWR goes over 10:1 & the receive goes away.I took the rig loose & re-attached the MFJ analyzer & the SWR is 10:1 on ALL bands.After leaving the antenna sitting for about 25 minutes or so the receive starts to return & again on the analyzer the SWR is GOOD. When output power is again applied(even 5 watts)the SWR's again go OFF the scale. ANYONE have a clue or hint what's happening?I'm stumped & even removed the PL-259 on the ground & put on a NEW one making SURE the shield is NOT & can not be touching the center conducter.REALLY strange all looks well with the analyzer & the receive is EXCELLENT until output power is applied then it's ALL STINKO!I am NOT using ANY jumpers,tuners,or ANY external items between the antenna & the rig as to make a DIRECT connection.The feedline is Flexi4XL which I would doubt is defective but have NOT 100% ruled out!I know some of you GUYS & GALS know some GOOD stuff about antennas from your own experiences & I'm looking for some GOOF stuff & SERIOUS help with this matter!Email me DIRECT at CEYKVW at webtv.net THANKS bunches for ANY help & God bless!ClaytonW4KVW  
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:08:12 PM »

ANTENNA REMOVED!No help ANYWHERE for the problem so it's GONE now & is no longer an issue! I guess it was something beyond HELP since nobody responded with ANY suggestions!Thanks anyway.God bless,ClaytonW4KVW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: