Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Benson and Small Wonder Labs  (Read 5648 times)
KB2HSH

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 05:49:44 AM »

I wanted to add a "post script" (PS) to this thread.  It has been more than 4 years since I originally posted this.  I wanted to come on and PUBLICLY apologize to Dave Benson.  When I wrote the original post, and the e-mail to Dave that started this "issue", I was in the grips of a horribly debilitating bout with alcoholism.  While I never missed a day of work due to my excessive alcohol consumption, it made me become a person that I don't recognize today after almost 3 years of sobriety.  I am deeply and profoundly sorry for the insulting manner with which I behaved.  I have spoken with Dave, and he is a true gentleman, in that, he accepted my apology to him.

With that, I would like to close by saying that last week, I purchased and assembled a RM40...and it truly is a work of art.  INCREDIBLE performance, compact size, and RIDICULOUSLY affordable.  I plan on buying one for each band, as well as another 20m version for converting to N4QA's "RTTY Rockmite" setup.

Happy Holidays everyone, and thanks again, Dave.

John KB2HSH
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »

It would be nice if more people showed the character that you just did.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:46:55 PM »

John

Congrats on overcoming a major life challenge.  You are inspiring to us by your example.  Thanks for sharing your story.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

What he said. Nice.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 04:40:03 AM »

Amen.  Congrats on becoming--and staying--a better man.  And thanks for being so open and honest too.  The world desperately needs more like you.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »

I wanted to come on and PUBLICLY apologize to Dave Benson.  When I wrote the original post, and the e-mail to Dave that started this "issue", I was in the grips of a horribly debilitating bout with alcoholism. 

Congratulations on your sobriety and this part
of your Fourth Step. Trust in God and great things
will come to pass for you and countless others.
Abandon yourself to God as you understand God.
This is the great hope for us. You will meet many of us
as you trudge the road of happy destiny.
Keep Coming Back!
73, Ken  AD6KA/5R8GQ
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »

I wanted to come on and PUBLICLY apologize to Dave Benson.  When I wrote the original post, and the e-mail to Dave that started this "issue", I was in the grips of a horribly debilitating bout with alcoholism. 

Congratulations on your sobriety and this part
of your Fourth Step. Trust in God and great things
will come to pass for you and countless others.
Abandon yourself to God as you understand God.
This is the great hope for us. You will meet many of us
as you trudge the road of happy destiny.
Keep Coming Back!
73, Ken  AD6KA/5R8GQ

Please keep this religious hocus-pocus nonsense off of the list.  Not everyone on the forum is delusional.

Gene
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »

While I don't consider myself religious by any means, I do find it disheartening that someone cannot post their opinion without being attacked.  I don't think he was trying to push his religious beliefs on anyone or look down on those that do not share his beliefs.  He was also referring to the 12 step program for recovery in which 'God' does not have a defined meaning as a religious entity, but rather a meaning to each individual, hence the 'as you understand God' part.

Be grateful that you live in a country that allows free speech and expression of opinion without fear of reprisal.
KA1BIN

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »

[/quote]

Please keep this religious hocus-pocus nonsense off of the list.  Not everyone on the forum is delusional.

Gene

[/quote]

You know all I can say is ...... Who died and made you in charge of what people can believe in? Who the hell do you think you are.

Trying to be like a little Hitler, Mao, or Stalin.
If you don't personally agree with someone beliefs, then why don't you just keep your mouth shut.

Merry Christmas..... or is that not allowed to be said by anyone either?
I bet you enjoy going around and telling little children this time of year that there is no Santa Claus.

Steven KA1SMC (formal since 1976 KA1BIN)

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 03:51:15 AM »

Gene,  Mentioning the name of God a couple of times does not equate to "religious hocus pocus."  Some would say that your post was more offensive than the post you're attacking.  If Ken should keep his opinion off the list, then so should you.  73.

Oh--and BTW, Merry Christmas!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: