Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiom Press...Where are you?  (Read 586 times)
KG9HV

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »

I am wondering if Idiom Press exists anymore. I ordered a K-5 Keyer online on Oct 29,2007 and have
not heard a word from them since. I have not received
the keyer and my numerous emails have gone unanswered.
Forget about the phone number on their website, that
won't get you anywhere. I don't understand this as I've always had good communication from them in the
past. It's like they shut the doors and left.
I'm starting to see other people having the same problem. Anyone else having a problem with them or
have any information on what is going on with Idiom
Press? Idiom Press, Where are you?HuhHuhHuh??
5P1CC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:25:56 AM »

I ordered a logikey k-5 unit as well very long time ago, but nothing happened, so i wrote a mail to Rob and asked if he had got my order. He wrote back and told me that the he was out of stock with the cirkuit board for the unit, because the company he gets the boards from had failed to deliver. The 25. of october i wrote again, and Rob answered that he had got a batch of boards and would manufacture my keyer during the weekend and send it to me the following week. I have still not received anything, and no answers to e-mails as well.. I really think the logikey k-5 is THE keyer for me so im thinking of getting a second hand if Idiom Press is out of buisness... Hope not, they have great products...
K7UNZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:16 AM »

Neither of you guys mentioned if you had already paid for the keyer, but if you haven't done so....and really still want one...HRO lists them as "in stock."

Good keyers, I have three myself.....(hi)!

And no, I don't work for HRO.

73, Jim/k7unz
5P1CC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 03:23:02 AM »

Hi Jim, thank you for the reply. I havent payed anything yet... ehh ... who and what is HRO ..?
5P1CC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:33 AM »

I found out about HRO, but it seemes to me that they are impossible to do buisness with if you are not in the US. So i found another company called mtechnologies and ordered a k-5 unit there. They have already confirmed reception of my order. So maybe i will be lucky this time.. And b.t.w. i have cancelled my order by IDIOMPRESS...  
KG9HV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »

Finally got an email from Idiom Press. The son has
taken over the company and is backlogged with orders.
They are still in business. If you want one of their
products, you'd better order it from a dealer. It took
almost 5 weeks to get an email about what was going on. I understand the situation, but I don't understand the lack of communication.
5P1CC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:02:28 AM »

i had an e-mail too apologizing for the inconvenience as well. I am glad they are still in buisness.. :-)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »

Wish I had known the K-5 was so "in demand," or I would have asked more for mine when I sold it.

I thought it was not a wise choice (for me).  Six unlabeled buttons and using a key and code characters for data entry is, in my experience, a terrible idea.  Not the slightest bit intuitive and there isn't an operator on the planet who would figure out how to use it without the instruction manual.

I'm back to my MFJs and such, which have labels and for which I don't need any instructions to program.

WB2WIK/6
N5GE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »

I ordered a rotor control on Dec 7.  After many emails, each one a little more aggressive I finally received this:

I'm sorry that I haven't sent an email earlier.  I've been terribly busy  
thanks to the holiday rush.

We are unfortunately back ordered with RotorCard DXAs.  I'm sorry to say  
that there will be a delay of another two weeks or so.  Your order will  
ship by Priority Mail.  When it does ship, you will receive an email from  
the US Postal Service on our behalf containing the Delivery Confirmation  
number.

I apologize for the inconvenience that we have put you through.

- Rob W7GH
Partner
Idiom Press
http://www.idiompress.com/

Thankfully they have not charged my credit card yet, but I'm beginning to believe the end may be near.  New emails are going unanswered.
N5GE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:06 AM »

Received a USPS shipping notice this morning.  Apparently things are beginning to pick up there...
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »

"Not the slightest bit intuitive and there isn't an operator on the planet who would figure out how to use it without the instruction manual."

--
Basic instructions, at least for my new CMOS-4, are printed on the underside of the case. To use it as a basic keyer, you don't need to know any of the fancy programming stuff.

It is embarrassing when I hit the wrong button combination and reverse the paddles... in a pileup! Can't imagine why that one function is so accessible.

Great product but terrible customer service lately.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: