Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: navigator  (Read 564 times)
PA2ABC

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »

on 06-06-2008 I've ordered and paid for the navigator, IMD meter and a few cable harnesses.
After that , No delivery or responce to repetitive emails ( 5 times )
I'm an International buyer from the Netherlands and they probably figured this is an easy target to rip-off.
They've done exactly that.
$658 down the drain
International buyers "BEWARE OF THESE CROOKS"
MAZZ1232002

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »

Do not give up, contact the attorney generals office in the state they are based and file a complaint. $658.00 is a lot of money. They will investigate for you just as any US citizen (I am assuming they are in the US some place).

Pete
     WB4CGA
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:09:45 AM »

The company (US Interface) is a QST advertiser. The ARRL does a review of businesses before they permit them to advertise. So maybe they would be interested in your problem.

This is probably a one-man company and this is the time in the US that a lot of people take summer holidays. So maybe just giving them a little more time would solve your problem. Plus it says on their website that they ship international via the US Postal Service (USPS). That may sound good to someone living in Europe. But believe me, those of us that live in the US know that the USPS is very slow. Yes, the item will get there, but it will always take longer than what you think it should take.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »

"No delivery or responce to repetitive emails ( 5 times )"

--
$658! Have you tried to phone them? Your English seems excellent.

Perhaps you simply have the wrong email. I know it's not popular in techie circles to say this but email is often a terrible way to reach people. Many innocent things could have gone wrong. (and if you're mistaken, have your post deleted by board management)

PA2ABC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »

Here are the latest developments.
I've received the following 2 Emails which also have been send to the european distributor
-------------------------------------------------------

And thank you for your e-mail.
All sales to the European theater or the "EU" countries should be handled by our distributor in England..
It looks like somehow your order wasmost definitely received by by us but never sent out to you.

As we do not ship to European countries we have the following of two options that you may choose:

1.  We could retain your money and have our European distributor ship one to you.
2.  We could refund your purchase price in full.

David, our European distributor e-mailed me a short time ago to let me know you had sent him a query with regards to your order.

It appears also that your previous e-mails had been bounced back to me as not acceptable from my ISP.  Although I have encountered this problem in the past it is almost always with servers and ISPs of ill repute that have been blacklisted by the Verizon ISP for one reason or another.

I will forward a copy of this e-mail along to our European distributor so that he might in turn forward a copy to you for securities sake.

If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact me via Skype phone at: 410-272-9110.  We are in the office daily from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Eastern USA  time zone.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Dave, is e-mail was sent to me Saturday evening as you can see by the date stamp.  This is my first response to this e-mail.

73 de Glenn W3GWW    www.usinterface.com

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dave,

I don't think he knew that we had been closed down for two weeks on vacation.
I already removed the vacation notice from the Paypal message when I returned
on Saturday so he probably wouldn't be able to see it any more.

The customer received an email receipt from PayPal.

Sorry for all the confusion, Dave.  That's what happens when one goes on
vacation hi hi.

73 de Glenn W3GWW    www.usinterface.com  

------------------------------------------------------

This all seems very odd.

1) If they don't ship internationaly, why give a shipping quote at the first email contact in which I made it perfectly clear I was from the Netherlands.
They by the way also claimed the paypal payment.

2)How come Emails got bounced by the ISP all of a sudden,inquirys and payment got through perfectly.

3) When on a vacation, why dont't they mention that on their website or at least in the latest contact they had.
People might like to know that.

All in all The word "Crook" might be a bit much.
But their business is very very sloppy.
Also they seem to be very indifferent about it.

WB5CCO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:57:48 AM »

I purchased a Navigatgor from U.S. Interface in May, 2008.  Shipment was fast.  I have spoken with Glann, W3GWW via telephone several times.  He has been most helpful and friendly.  He is definitely NOT A CROOK!  I am confident any problems you may be having with your order can be rectified to your satisfaction.  I highly recommend him as an honest and trustworthy merchant.  The Navigator is second to none in quality and performance.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »

<< As we do not ship to European countries we have the following of two options that you may choose:

1. We could retain your money and have our European distributor ship one to you.
2. We could refund your purchase price in full. >>

Sounds like he is doing his best to make you happy with reasonable options.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: