Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: User-Manuals.com  (Read 610 times)
VK4APN

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

I have just had a bad experience with user-manuals.com as detailed below.
The purchase was for a downloadable service manual for an HP 5315A - from there website description "AGILENT 5315A - It's a complete service manual, and it's in PDF format. It contains circuit diagrams ( schemas ) etc."  The manuals (that I received) title page and the index pages refer to the service manual being section VIII - Section 8. This section 8 is completely missing from the pdf file download.  Therefore, there is NO service manual content whatsoever in this document.  It is worthless to me without the section 8.  The item description on the website is inaccurate & misleading at best.  I have already been in contact with user-manuals.com and this is the response I received "At the first pages You can see that this is the service and owner\'s manual"  I have emailed back to user-manuals.com and I dispute their answer.  In summary the manual was described as "complete service manuals including block diagrams, schematics etc" what I received contained none of these.  It was merely the operating manual section with the complete SERVICE MANUAL CONTENT MISSING IN FULL.  It may only be USD$14.99 however I feel I have been misled and cheated.  The response from user-manuals.com has been unsatisfactory and inadequate - they have obviously not bothered to look at the document.  The omission is obvious.
So caveat emptor again I guess!  will post updates if and when they happen.
N1EQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »

You could have downloaded the same PDF from Agilent for free:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/techSupport.jspx?pid=1000001391%3Aepsg%3Apro&pageMode=OV&cc=US&lc=eng
VK4APN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »

Thanks N1EQ - I had already done this months ago.  It does not include the complete service manual - in fact it is same as I paid user-manuals.com for.  The actual service manual is completely missing.
Thank you for taking time and trouble to post the link.
Paul
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:07:46 PM »

hi paul,

if you paid with your bank card,
give them a call or protest the charge
online.  Print out the page the manual
was listed on as evidence.

have you tried the yahoo hp forum ?

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hp_agilent_equipment/

I bet you can get a pdf of service manual at no cost.

73 james
VK4APN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:05 PM »

Thanks for your input James.  Also the info re Yahoo Groups.  I paid via PayPal and have lodged a dispute - so will see how it pans out.  It will be interesting to see how PayPal resolves these sorts of problems - especially as this payment method is so widespread these days.
Paul
VK4APN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »

Well.... I escalated the claim with PayPal and received and instant reply dis-allowing the claim saying you can only claim against NON - DELIVERY!!!  So I wonder what use PayPal protection is - the item was incomplete, misleading & deceptive description from the seller BUT it was delivered so - TOO BAD SO SAD!  Make up your own mind.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »

Paypal protecton is useless. They stitched me up too by making some arbitrary, uniformed decision in my case.

I now avoid Paypal purchases whenever I can and pay with my credit card whenever possible.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: