Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R&L Electronics  (Read 1436 times)
W8RCA

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2004, 01:27:42 PM »

I to am very satisfied with all of my dealings with R&L I have found their prices on any accs. item to be the very best always check when buying any of the accs. items for your rig and R&L will surprise you with great prices and top notch customer service.
EXWA2SWA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »

I've made two purchases from R&L. In both cases, the merchandise has been discontinued by the manufacturers (Alinco DM340MV and Alpha-Delta DX4020) but seemed to suit my needs.

Prices were reasonable, delivery prompt and communication courteous. Neither item looked as though it had been used, although the packaging did. I can understand that this may be R&L's way of inspecting and checking before shipment, or even that these may have been on display. Makes no difference to me if they work as advertised and warranties are in effect.

In short, I've no complaints at all, and would not hesitate to give them another chance at my business.

Jim
KE5CXX

LNXAUTHOR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 04:14:35 PM »

- been to the R&L shop in Hamilton, OH as the mother-in-law lives there... got a $250 anniversary gift card to spend at R&L, so i blew the bucks at R&L's booth at Dayton...

- lots of used rigs and TONs of accessories... one the better stocked ham stores i've been to... you could spend quite a bit of time browsing the aisles!
KG9HV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:44:36 AM »

I've bought many items from R&L over the years and I
haven't had any problems with them. I've found their
prices very competitive and they only charge actual
shipping costs. I was looking for a Bencher RJ-2 and
AES had them for $129.95. R&L had them for $95.95.
You guess who I got it from. I ordered it on Saturday
and had it here noon Tuesday. Shipping was $5.04.
I had a pleasant purchase experience and saved more
than $35. They have very good prices on Cushcraft
antennas too. Take a look and compare.

73 KG9HV
OLDFART13

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 07:46:23 AM »

I can only give R&L two thumbs up; but then again I only have two thumbs.
KS4WJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 05:28:29 PM »

R & L is close by and hence, this is where I've gone and too, ordered via Internet a good deal of equipment.  Never one problem.

W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 06:59:56 AM »

I never had a problem with them. Then again I always stopped by there in person, so I cannot say anything about their mail order/ internet sales.

I wanted the Z-100 LDG tuner, they were out of them at the time. They took my phone number and email address and promised to call when the Z-100 came in. Sure enough they called me and had it on the side for me when I went there a day or two later.

I saw comments about people buying items and finding out later on that the item does not work.

Well R and L DOES sell items that do not work and they are upfront about it. They have a area where they sell used items and every used item says up front what wrong or right with the item. On Used HF radios, every band is tested with the power listed on the sale tag.

I found some really good deals at R & L both at their store and at Dayton. Overall I would have to say they are pretty good.

Still using Windows XP Pro.
KC1TV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 10:08:10 AM »

I just ordered for the first time with R&L Electronics and everything went perfectly. I purchased a LDG Z-100 Tuner and radio interface via the internet. Items shipped the following day and I received them  via UPS here in Massachusetts 2 days after shipping. Prices were the best I've seen on the tuner, shipping was very fair and delivery was guick. Can't ask for better than that!! I'll definitely order again from them.
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 09:56:48 AM »

This is a top notch outfit with good prices.. I have and always will use the.. I even bought auction gear from them and Roger is a great guy to deal with.. Just bought an 857D from them last week, late serial number and works FB.. May God bless them with many customers.. Richy N2ZD
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 03:07:52 PM »

I was at R&L on Saturday.  Well stocked, friendly people, good prices.  I've dealt with them for years on the 'net and at hamfests.  I can't say enough good things about them.  They will continue to get my business, as little as that is.

Caity
K7VO/8
KE5BCG

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

R&L treated me very well as a newbie buying equipment. I had settled on a Diamond mobile antenna and at their suggestion changed to a Jetstream. It was cheaper, and still a fine product. I'll stick with R&L.
And as with any business, sometimes they hire dopes and make the mistake of letting them work with customers. Just work around them by asking for their boss.
W4CPT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 08:12:14 AM »

Hey Guys, I have been trying to call R & L for the past three days and I can't get anyone. Their 800 line is always busy and when I called the local line I got somebody's house that sounded like they were on drugs or something. I have never had any problem with R & L before but has somebody nuked the place or what?
K0RKS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 03:17:26 PM »

I always save $$$ at R&L..I saved over $100.00 on the Hy-gain Hytower 2 weeks ago.
Never been more happy.

73 Ron K0RKS
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »

Back when I lived in Kentucky, I made several trips to R&L. Service was excellent as was the selection. This is NO Radio Shack store!!!!

Now living in North Florida, I miss the proximity of a good Ham Store. Being an old fart, I like to touch and feel 'stuff' before I buy.....

HAVE FUN!!

ron

N4UE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: