About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ  (Read 54124 times)
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »

Try to imagine MFJ with a QC department ....
WB4AUW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

You'd better have a really good imagination.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2014, 07:27:52 AM »

I ordered some Cushcraft antenna parts for an antenna I had, and they charged my account, and then waited, and waited.
So I bought a different antenna and told them, to cancel the order. 

They actually responded that the parts were being shipped.

I got them and asked how to return them, following their directions, never opened the box, but slipped a note under the lid with my name and invoice info.  They received it on april 8.  To date, they have not refunded my money, won't respond to emails, can't reach them on the phone, at least no one with an IQ over 10....

So I called my card company and disputed the amount as it was returned, they received it and should have refunded it.
Here it is, going on 2 weeks and nary a response, nada, nothing.

Eager to get the money, slow to refund, let alone respond to any contact....

Wish Cushcraft were still in business as Cushcraft....

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »

My experience with MFJ communications: Phone best, Tue.-Thur. 2 PM EST, Monday and Friday forget it. Something about the slow pace of life and every thing else in general down there in Mississippi.
W9CW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2014, 02:09:22 PM »

With the many shows (hamfests) that MFJ attend each year, their staff might just be traveling on Friday which may offer a valid answer to the above poster's comment.  Richard Stubbs, who fields a majority of the Customer Service calls, mans the booth at most shows.  It has nothing to do with the "slow pace of life and everything else in general down there in Mississippi."  It's likely a senior staffing issue.  Richard wears a number of hats at MFJ, including the aforementioned Customer Service, creation of ads for magazines, their respective catalog(s), website maintenance, and many others.  And, when their staff returns from shows on Sunday, it's back to work on Monday morning.     
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2014, 05:30:05 AM »

Try to imagine MFJ with a QC department ....

It's there for most hams.  The only thing is that you don't recognize it.  That's why MFJ maybe should be called the new Heathkit--the QC dept. is the end user!   Cheesy
AD0AR

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2014, 06:46:12 PM »

Here's a new one-  I saw that MFJ had their 2014 catalog released and that I could request one on their site, so I did.  About a month later I got it all right.  The 2013 edition (roll eyes)
How many operators did this happen to?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:04 AM »

It only took a month?  Last time I requested a catalogue, it took four or five--although I did get the current one.   Cheesy
KF5VPK

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2014, 07:56:03 AM »

Faster to download it: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/catalog.php

AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 10:29:11 AM »

Playing with RTL-SDR, was looking for a scanner antenna, landed up on the mfj site... they have two discones. One ships with cable and mounting hardware, the other doesn't. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they load up in the ham bands and I have a couple of idle handhelds here, maybe I can hit the repeaters, who knows? I couldn't know about the cable and hardware from the catalog though, I found mention of it on an eham review. [What did people do before eham reviews?] I had already ordered so I contacted customer service and really, it went quite well. I asked about the cable, they said that one model came with extras and one model didn't but the band coverage was different for xmit. I picked that one that matches my handhelds. It arrived after a few days with some information in the package that contradicted what the catalog said about the band coverage!! Essentially, I have an antenna, it's nice looking [still waiting on the mast to ship from mfj though] but I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS...  Huh

Just about every time I buy from MFJ I swear off MFJ..... but I come back later! Maybe there is "MFJ Derangement Syndrome"? I saw Martin Jou's interviews on AmateurLogic, maybe watching a Chinese guy with a southern accent keep a straight face while talking about MFJ products affected my ability to reason?

The funny thing is, I know what's going to happen. I'll put the antenna up, I'll play with the RTL-SDR and the two handhelds, I'll be happy with it all... That means I'll probably shop at MFJ some more, someday  Smiley
KA5PIU

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »

Hello.

You are missing the point.
MFJ is the finest semi-built kit that is 100% assembled in the USA! (Applies to US addresses only).
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2014, 05:49:36 AM »

LOL!   Cheesy
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: