Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Towers Disappointment  (Read 28363 times)
KB2HSH

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »

I bought a new Yaesu FT-817 a few years ago from TT. The price was unbeatable.

The first one that came flamed out in less than a week. I returned it, and received a new one a week later. I don't know what the hell the fuss is all about. Texas Towers has ALWAYS been very helpful and receptive to my queries and whatever....and anyone that knows me KNOWS that I can be an "alpha hotel" when rubbed the wrong way.

Take these complaints with a grain of salt. Hams are cheap and snarky. TT has always done right by me.

John KB2HSH
Springbrook NY
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 07:03:31 AM »

I totally agree with John HSH. I have been in there many times and I still go in there,I have never had a problem at all and everyone has always been friendly to me. I know that lots of places are a lot worse when shopping nowadays. Take for instance when shopping at Walmart, when checking out, most of the checkers don't even acnolige you even being there. Most don't even say hi and many don't even say a thank you when leaving. Very rude I think. Sometimes when I am leaving the checkout I will say your welcome. That is much worse for me to have to go there and shop just because of the non polite people who work there. I guess parents don't teach manners anymore to their children. So don't put down TT for being rude, lots of places are much worse.    73. jim W5JJG
W5PFG

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »

I have visited the Texas Towers 3-4 times.  I've never had a problem with the staff.  The selection isn't as large as Wal-Mart but they have a lot of common items for new and old hams alike.  It's really a "hole in the wall." 
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: