Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Idiom Press!!  (Read 80464 times)
KC4RN

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »

I don't like cross posting, but I thought this would interest those monitoring this thread.

The home page of Idiom Press Idiom Press states that the company is closed until Sept. 22nd.

Let us see how good Bob's communication is after the 22nd.
N0AZZ

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 05:11:35 AM »

I've used Bob for several things over last 3 years with no problems always have him assemble them and don't mind the wait or prepayment on credit card. I wonder how many of you have dealt with Mosley a really long wait on some antennas.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2010, 06:39:31 AM »

I've used Bob for several things over last 3 years with no problems always have him assemble them and don't mind the wait or prepayment on credit card.

repost: 
Bob turned the company over to his son Rob in 2007.

Isn't that still the case?
KBERGPHD

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

Yes... Rob is supposedly running the company, but not communicating to customers.  I have gotten good service in the past and was told that I would receive the product at the end of May, 2010.  It is now the end of September and have heard not one word from him in all time, even after sending him one or two emails a week since July 15th.   Huh  I reiterate.  Is ANYONE getting response from anyone in the company recently.  If you are could you put in a good word for me, and tell them I am trying to reach them.

As I have asked other to do, so will I do.  I got a call from Rob at Idiom Press just after I posted above, who indicated to me the problems that he has been confronting and his attempts at solving them.  I told him my complaint was communication and I hoped it would be better in the future.  He will be sending me what I had ordered as soon as he can and will be working to resolve the issues that have prevented better communication.  It is my sincere wish that he is successful, which I believe he will be!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:33:47 PM by Kent E. Berglund » Logged
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »

Idiom should stop taking orders until Rob gets
his act together.

WB1DX

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »

I too have had no luck getting responses to either phone calls or e-mails, and I've placed at least 8. I placed a web order back on Aug 23rd for a rotor card. This is now going on 2 months without any updates or acknowledgements.

I can only assume that something serious is going on, but for heavens sake, stop taking new orders, update your v-mail message, update your website, and contact those customers that have been trying to reach you about outstanding orders. Terrible customer service, just terrible....

Ken, WB1DX
W7WIK

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »

I just finished a CMOS-4 keyer kit from Idiom Press and it practically fell together. The kit and instructions are top notch and worked perfectly right from the start. Great keyer for a good price. Very happy with it.

Marco, AA5ET
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »

Oh Sweet  Shocked I just placed an order with them an hour ago, now I find this post Shocked
I ordered the 800DXA Rotator board, oh well I will keep everyone informed on what happens.  I talked to Rob and he was very nice, he promised to have it shipped out by 13 January so I will wait and see.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »

You know, for about $45.00 per month, they could have a live answering service take their calls and e-mails, then send the orders and requests on to be processed. If the guy is too cheap for that, like I said before, then forget him and use another company.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:31:14 PM by KI4SDY » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »

OK it's Jan 13th and I have heard nothing, I keep calling but I keep getting the answering machine  Angry

Oh Sweet  Shocked I just placed an order with them an hour ago, now I find this post Shocked
I ordered the 800DXA Rotator board, oh well I will keep everyone informed on what happens.  I talked to Rob and he was very nice, he promised to have it shipped out by 13 January so I will wait and see.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »

Still calling and getting no Answer, I have left message and gotten no reply.
Interesting how I got through the first time when I was ordering now I cannot get through.
Man I hope this is not going to be like some other posters have said.

Is there any other company that makes a board like this Huh

OK it's Jan 13th and I have heard nothing, I keep calling but I keep getting the answering machine  Angry

BOYSCLUBRADIO

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »

quit whin'n and be a ham .. fix it...  I know Bob helped us with ours.. even thought he was feeling poor'ly... and was very professional ... when we found that we needed the 5 bux worth of mods.. he offered to send it free.. but we paid for it as we know how SOME people will whine and complain about things when they really don't understand electronics and will take advantage of others.    He is trying to make a few shackles.. and has a great product that had some chip/parts problems.    What I don't understand is why some people will spend more time whin'n about it than it would take to fix it.    Grin
Check the web for the repair guy...back east that does the work FOR YOU...

thanks for the great keyer Bob... we use it for all the field days and contest... keep up the good work...  Wink
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »

"thanks for the great keyer Bob."

How often does this have to be repeated...  BOB, W9KNI has nothing to do with the company anymore. Hasn't for several years. His son ROB W7GH owns it. When I spoke with KNI, he disavowed any recent connection with the company. 

I do agree that KD8MJR should at least give the board five or six business days to reach West Virginia from Oregon (?).  Then let us know if Rob kept his word.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »

Well I sort of owe Rob an Apology, he sent out the Board as promised on the Day he promised, so I can say that whatever problems he had in the Past seem to be FIXED.
The only downside and why I used "sort of owe" is that it is almost impossible to reach him even during business hours, that's why for 2 days I could not find out if it had shipped.

Anyway it really does not matter, what Matters is that IDIOM PRESS IS SHIPPING ITEMS OUT ON TIME.  Thanks Rob for sending out my Board.

BTW K0OD the only reason I got worried in the first place was because of what I read in this thread. I agree, it's best to just wait and not get all excited before the time has come.
GM0ULK

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »

Just read these posts, unfortunately 1 month after I placed an order for the Logitalker.  I would have not taken a chance on ordering had I known that some guys wait for months and those who are lucky get their order right away and post in here chanting 'greatest ever service'. 

The fact is, if you make an order you expect it to be fulfiled in a resonable time, or you might as well go else where!! That includes all orders, not just those with a prefix of K or N!!

I have called by phone and emailed but no response, perhaps they have died again!!  Could someone local go and give them a wake up call and ask them to respond to the mails and calls if just to let the world at large know what the situation is.

I even offered to accept the kit version to help their ailing production line if necessary. I wish I used the details of the circuit published in the public domain and made my own version, but sourcing the parts is a pain.

Could you imagine the major equipment companies reputation if the where as blaise.  The summer contest season is well underway and I think I shall have to keep calling as I doubt if I will see the Logitalker this side of the 2nd millenium Embarrassed

Thanks

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: